Chapter 52

The color of the car, the imposing momentum as it came to a stop, and even the posture of the car owner stepping out exuded arrogance.

Feng Shiru clenched her fists tightly.

Ming Si stepped out of the car, dressed in a little black dress. In the night breeze, her long hair swayed gently, revealing a striking face, fair skin, and high-end glossy red lips.

She raised her hand to gently close the car door, curling her lip in a playful smile, "I've been waiting for you for a while, husband."

As she got out of the car and stood before Liang Xian, she didn't spare Feng Shiru a single glance throughout. She openly displayed her disdain, leaving it evident in her gaze.

Due to the proximity, a faint scent of high-end perfume drifted on the evening breeze, creating an almost oppressive atmosphere.

Feng Shiru's expression stiffened, her teeth clenched, and she mustered the confidence to face Ming Si, striving to make herself appear unruffled.

For tonight's banquet, she had made many preparations. The grey woolen dress she wore was from a luxury brand's latest collection, not yet worn by any other domestic actress. Her handbag and shoes were both from Hermès' limited autumn-winter collection.

Back in high school, she used to envy all the things Ming Si possessed. Now, she could also attain them.

It almost seemed as if she wasn't inferior to her anymore.

But when Ming Si walked alongside Liang Xian with her lips curled in a subtle smile, the surroundings seemed to brighten, exuding a radiant glow.

Feng Shiru felt as if she had shed all her material disguises, reverting to the girl from years ago; the one who couldn't lift her head in front of her; the one who was awkward and self-conscious — a high school girl who felt out of place.

At this moment, she realized that there were still many aspects of Ming Si that were unattainable for her.

For example, after their engagement ceremony, fashion magazines had dissected the engagement ring she wore. It was said to be a custom-made piece from Harry Winston. Rings from this brand, especially those with a one-carat diamond or better, wouldn't cost less than a hundred thousand.

Not to mention having a custom piece with her name engraved on the main diamond.

Another example; she could easily place orders worth eight figures, mingling with others at brand events, while she, despite her current popularity and millions of Weibo followers, could only sing a song at these events to entertain the guests.

It turned out that some gaps couldn't be bridged no matter how much effort was put in. Feng Shiru had always known this, yet she had been avoiding admitting it.

Feng Shiru had never really understood this before. Why could Lin Xijia, who came from a family far less affluent than Ming's, play with Ming Si without any hard feelings?

Why couldn't she herself be content?

Ming Si only glanced at Feng Shiru once before retracting her gaze. With an air of a virtuous wife, she raised her hand to adjust Liang Xian's tie. In a gentle but not cloying tone, she said, "I've parked over there. I've been waving at you, but you didn't see me."

Her tone was perfectly balanced—three parts reproach and seven parts sweet complaint—sounding as if she was playfully coaxing Liang Xian.

However, from Feng Shiru's angle where she couldn't be seen, Liang Xian saw the expression on Ming Si's face change. With a stern look, she gave him a glare.