Chapter 41

Her steps were light and airy, like treading on clouds.

Even though she knew that she should restrain herself, she couldn't help the corners of her lips curling up.

Just a second ago, Ming Si was cursing and calling Liang Xian names in her mind, but now, her anger had dissipated like smoke.

The only special one?

Suppressing the little smug feeling in her heart, her hand unconsciously fell from the door. Not knowing what to say, she managed a simple, "Oh."

Sensing that she wasn't that angry, Liang Xian also withdrew his hand.

Leaning against the doorframe, he raised an eyebrow playfully, "Can you tell me why you were upset just now?"

He always cared about why she was in a bad mood, but at this moment, Ming Si didn't want to talk about it. She casually dismissed it, "It's just... because of a small matter."

Afraid that Liang Xian would see through her if he continued to probe, she quickly adjusted her expression and tightened her tone a bit, "Don't think too much. I was just asking casually. Well then... I have to get up early tomorrow. If you have things to do, go ahead. If not, rest well."

She said it was like telling the other person to kneel and bid farewell, but she retreated faster than anyone else. After saying those words, she slammed the door shut with a bang.

Liang Xian: "..."

Was she successfully appeased, or not?

He stood in place, gazing at the tightly closed bedroom door, recalling the change in Ming Si's expression throughout the evening like flipping through a book. The final image froze on the faint blush on her cheeks as she hastily closed the door.

The next day, Ming Si indeed had to wake up early.

In two more days, it would be the day of the Merald Jewelry Design Finals. Although she had participated in various competitions of different scales before and wasn't usually stage-frightened, this one was different because it was linked to the world-renowned jewelry designer, Mr. Merald. The significance was unique.

Merald was born into a family of silverware craftsmen, with ancestors who had been skilled artisans exclusively serving royalty, including several generations of kings and queens from various countries. Nowadays, Merald was a well-known luxury brand for tableware, having a history of over a hundred years.

Surprisingly, Merald himself abandoned the family business and took up jewelry design instead.

At the age of 25, he founded the Merald Jewelry brand, and now, after 35 years, Merald had become a globally renowned luxury jewelry brand, beloved and admired by female celebrities, wealthy wives, and even royalty.

Most of his design works were kept in private collections, and only a few pieces were auctioned, fetching prices of no less than seven figures.

On his 50th birthday, Merald announced that he would hand over Merald to his apprentices and live in seclusion.

The successor of Merald was an ambitious person, and in recent years, the brand's influence had been continuously growing.

Coinciding with Merald's 35th anniversary, in order to expand its influence, he decided to hold this design competition under the brand's name. The finals would be held through a competitive submission process, and the winner would become a specially invited designer for Merald. The winning design from the finals round would be used to create a top-grade emerald from the Muzo mining area in Colombia, which would be sold as the winner's creation.