Chapter 45

During the autumn and winter seasons, Venice wasn't actually a great place for travel.

Rainfall seemed unceasing, raining almost non-stop throughout the day.

The climate was damp and cold, casting even the colorful and warm buildings in a somber shade.

However, perhaps it's typical for people in the early stages of love to engage in such trivial activities. After her meeting with Merald in the afternoon, Ming Si still accompanied Liang Xian to explore the streets and alleys of Venice's little shops in the evening, showing a relentless momentum.

The main island of Venice didn't have as many glassmaking workshops as Murano did, but the hidden stores along the streets held many exquisite and beautiful handicrafts.

As they walked along a winding little street, Ming Si's shopping instinct kicked in. She bought over twenty Venetian masks, six ceramic bowls and plates, as well as various bits and pieces of colored glass figurines, flowers, and cups. Her shopping spree was far from over.

Back during her university days, she had a phase of collecting luxury dining ware. During her free time, she would also go shopping with friends in the Chelsea district of London.

The handicrafts in these unnamed shops were far from the rare treasures gathered from all over the world in Chelsea, and the prices were incomparable. Nevertheless, for some reason, Ming Si couldn't seem to part with them. Holding Liang Xian's hand, she swayed back and forth, and the corners of her lips couldn't help but curl up.

"Why aren't you going back to the country? Can vice presidents at the headquarters be this leisurely?" She was choosing items when she suddenly felt inspired to ask.

Liang Xian carried her bags as he watched her fiddling with the small trinkets in her hand, "I have a video conference in the evening."

In truth, he hadn't been idle during the day either.

He chuckled lightly, "I'll be flying back with you tomorrow."

Ming Si playfully pouted, "Oh."

Setting down the glass bunny in her hand, she urged him, "Then hurry back. You still have a meeting."

They returned to the villa full of youthful energy; the two of them took hot showers, changed clothes, and then comfortably cuddled together for a while before going about their respective tasks.

Ming Si selected a few glittering items and placed them on the windowsill, their reflections creating brilliant flashes against the backdrop of the rain.

After taking photos and editing them for nearly ten minutes, she finally uploaded them on her Moments.

These glass products stood out starkly amidst her Moments posts that were usually filled with travel photos and various party scenes. However, she repeatedly flipped through the images several times.

Now, looking back at yesterday, it felt like an unreal dream.

Yet, it was truly wonderful.

Ming Si refocused, set down her phone, and prepared to make some revisions to the emerald design. After that, she would send it to Merald's design director.

Before starting, she approached the study and glanced at Liang Xian.

Liang Xian sat behind a spacious desk, facing a laptop.

He wore a black sweater. While working, the casual air about him had diminished considerably. It could almost give people the illusion that he was a serious person.

This thought flashed in her mind for a second before Ming Si extinguished it.

She stared at him with a bit of annoyance.