Chapter 57

At the center of the dining table, there was a simmering hotpot with a split design.

Thinly sliced meat, seafood, mushrooms, and vegetables were arranged in a circle around the pot.

As dusk gradually descended, the indoor lights were bright, reflecting the restaurant's image in the glass. The spicy and warm aroma wafted up from the bubbling pot, rare traces of life appeared in the grand Guanlan Manor.

Liang Xian's knife skills seemed to come from nowhere. The meat was sliced so thin that it was almost translucent. Ming Si arranged the vegetables into pleasing shapes, then took a photo with her phone and applied a filter before saving it.

After taking the photo, the meat slices were cooked to perfection. Liang Xian picked some up and put them into her bowl, filling the air with their enticing fragrance.

Ming Si used to have a high tolerance for spiciness, but after several years of studying abroad, her tastes had adapted to the the bland flavors. She managed to eat about half before the spiciness brought tears to her eyes.

Liang Xian handed her a tissue, "Don't eat the spicy part. Take it from the mild soup instead."

Ming Si picked up a few slices of mild soup potato, but it tasted bland. Her eyes couldn't help but wander towards the vibrant red chili peppers. Her chopsticks crossed the boundary, and Liang Xian gave her a look. She defended herself, "You have to eat spicy food in winter, it's too cold."

The villa maintained a constant temperature throughout the year.

Liang Xian chuckled lightly and pushed the milk carton toward her.

The hotpot meal went on for nearly two hours.

After they were full, Ming Si looked at the table full of plates and felt a slight pang of guilt. It quickly transformed into an accusation against Liang Xian, "I'm going to gain weight, it's all your fault."

Liang Xian looked at her and propped his head with one hand before suddenly grinning, "Just do some exercise, and it'll be fine."

Ming Si glanced at him and instinctively felt that his idea of exercise wasn't that simple.

So she stood up, cautiously took a step back, sped up as she passed him, and finally slipped away along the wall.

Liang Xian watched her departing figure and smiled. He reached for a cigarette box and lit one.

After indulging in a hotpot meal, taking a shower at home felt as if it were in vain.

Ming Si lifted her collar and took a sniff, furrowing her brows slightly. She stepped into the warm spring. The fragrance that Liang Xian had bought in Venice was still lingering. She had chosen a scent of honeysuckle and roses, which felt wonderfully suitable for winter – warm and comforting.

As soon as she emerging from the bathroom, she saw Liang Xian was seated on the sofa, engaged in a phone call. Upon catching sight of her, a slight upward twitch of his eyes signaled her to approach.

Ming Si walked over and nestled herself in his embrace, inhaling the crisp, clean scent of his shower gel. It was also warm and inviting. Her mood instantly brightened, and she opened Weibo to browse.

Cheng Yu seemed to reside on Weibo, posting multiple updates throughout the day. This time, within the span of five minutes, he had shared seven or eight humorous videos, laughing incessantly. Ming Si left a comment, expecting Cheng Yu's usual quick reply, but this time, there was no response.

The factory director must be incredibly busy, to the point that even scrolling through Weibo demanded efficiency.

Ming Si perused updates from a few bloggers she followed.