Chapter 43

Outside the window, the leaden sky was washed by rain, and heavy raindrops fell on the colorful petals, creating a mist in the air. Inside the villa, it was gradually getting warmer.

"I like you," these three words were said by him slowly, genuinely, with a lingering tone, like raindrops falling on the lake's surface. Ming Si felt her face slowly heating up, even feeling a bit flushed.

Subconsciously, she covered her cheeks with her hands, trying to cool them down. However, she realized that her action seemed a bit foolish, so she quickly put her hands down.

"Did you hear me clearly?" Liang Xian squatted in front of her, one hand casually dropping from the back of the sofa to rest on her side, "Do you want me to confess again?"

At this distance, his gaze was almost level with hers, slightly lower even. However, the sense of aggression from earlier hadn't disappeared.

Ming Si nodded, then shook her head, acting as if she hadn't fully grasped the situation.

Liang Xian looked at her with a smile and reminded her, "Then, give me a response?"

"Are you serious or just teasing me?" After a while, Ming Si managed to utter these words. And since she had already started speaking, she continued confidently, "We grew up together, and now we're married. It's different from others. You need to understand that if we break up, it'll be embarrassing in front of Cheng Yu and the others... And, why do you suddenly like me? Have you been secretly in love with me?"

In the first few words, a hint of disbelief was evident, but the last few words were suddenly raised in pitch, full of suspicion.

Liang Xian tilted his head and laughed.

In a short span of time, Ming Si's thoughts jumped from questioning his sincerity to the embarrassment of breaking up after they got together, and finally, settling on to whether he had been secretly in love with her.

How could he answer that?

Ming Si was displeased, "What are you smiling at? Be serious."

"Well, I'm thinking," Liang Xian's smile didn't fade, and he paused for a moment, "Which one should I answer first?"

"Are you bothered by my questions?" Ming Si glared at him with a stern tone.

She wanted to criticize his attitude, but he already spoke in a low voice.

"I'm serious."

"We grew up together and got married to each other. Isn't it fate?"

"We won't break up."

Finally, he asked, "Should I tell you the truth or should I lie to you?"

"..."

Why does it have to be a multiple-choice question now?

Ming Si casually grabbed the nearby cushion and hugged it in her arms, resting her chin on top.

In fact, there were only two answers... Yes, Liang Xian had indeed secretly liked her for a long time. Now that they were living under the same roof, this reserved man could no longer contain himself and came all the way to confess his feelings.

The other possibility was that Liang Xian had known her for over a decade, and only recently, he had developed some feelings for her.

Neither answer seemed to bring much joy.

The second option didn't sound as romantic or profound as the first one, leaving a slight psychological gap between them.

However, Ming Si's intuition was leaning towards the second one.