Chapter 38

In the instant Ming Si's wrist was held, her heart pounded, and she almost cried out in surprise.

When she came to her senses, she was a bit incredulous. "Were you pretending to sleep?"

Otherwise, how could he have caught her in the act so coincidentally?

"Is there anyone more wrongly accused than me?" Liang Xian was impressed by her ability to reverse the situation. He smiled and said, "I just woke up."

He slept late last night and slept in a bit longer in the morning.

When he was still half-awake, he suddenly sensed something approaching. When he opened his eyes, he saw Ming Si close by, with her hand in a posture as if trying to reach into his clothes.

His first reaction was that Ming Si was up to some mischief.

But upon closer look, it didn't quite seem like it.

In the dimly lit bedroom, she was wearing a silk smoke-pink nightgown, her graceful figure fading into the dimness. Her skin was as white as snow, and her lips were rosy. Her eyes held a glimmer of light.

It was like a scene from an old movie, hazy and unreal, beautiful, delicate, and yet full of allure.

Liang Xian slowly loosened his grip on her wrist, and his Adam's apple bobbed slightly.

Morning was a time when a man was more prone to awkwardness. Waking up to see a stunning beauty at the bedside undoubtedly heightened such a reaction.

Liang Xian closed his eyes, suppressing this emotion slowly.

Ming Si was clueless, but since he let go of her hand, it was good enough.

She held her wrist and quickly thought about how to give a satisfactory explanation for her appearance here, coming up with three possible explanations.

But to her surprise, Liang Xian didn't probe further.

He sat up and didn't speak for a while. The dark blue blanket slipped down to his waist, revealing the black silk robe he was wearing.

The air was still and quiet.

It was then that Ming Si noticed that both of their robes were of the same style, with a collar pressed with an identical wave-like pattern and a delicate embroidery line.

Her gaze fell on the diagonal white embroidery on his robe; she mentally spelled out the letters.

It said [LIANGXIAN].

"Taking a closer look, are we?" Liang Xian said with a half-smile, his voice somewhat hoarse.

Ming Si immediately averted her gaze and replied irritably, "Who's taking a closer look? I'm going back."

As she said this, she was about to turn around, but Liang Xian reached out with his long arm and grabbed her wrist.

Ming Si was taken aback, "What are you doing?"

Liang Xian let go of her hand, then turned on the light, his lips curling into a smile, "Let's chat?"

"What is there to chat about?" Ming Si grumbled, suspiciously looking at him for a few seconds before finally sitting on the edge of the bed.

To avoid making any noise, she had come in barefoot, and now her feet were stepping on the dark wooden floor, feeling ice-cold.

Just then, Liang Xian shifted a bit to the side, lifting his chin, indicating, "Aren't your feet cold?"

Ming Si glanced at him and said nothing, silently completing a multiple-choice question in her mind.

Finally, she curled up her feet and placed them on the bed, slightly adjusting her position, then pulled the blanket to cover her ankles.