Chapter 27

When Yu Niannian's words fell, Cheng Yu didn't react at all.

His limited brain capacity didn't allow him to process situations beyond his comprehension. He was bewildered for a while, and it was only after much difficulty that he managed to utter two words, "What... is it?"

Yu Niannian looked around and noticed the strange silence. She hesitated and said, "Did I say something wrong?"

"What did you just say? Say it again," Cheng Yu swallowed his saliva, "Who... is... getting engaged?"

"Um, Sister Ming and Mr. Liang," Cheng Yu's reaction was so unexpected that Yu Niannian almost thought if the news was fake. But after a second thought, how could her aunt be mistaken, "We met in Shanghai."

Among the people present, it was unlikely that there was another person with the surname Liang.

Ke Lijie lowered his head and rubbed his nose, while Yu Chuan vaguely sensed the truth from the attitudes of the people around him. He remained silent, digesting the information silently in his heart.

Finally, the two of them looked at Cheng Yu in unison.

Cheng Yu suddenly burst into laughter, "Ha! Ha! Ha!"

"I must have misheard. No, no, this wine is a bit too much, I can't drink anymore," he shook his head while supporting the table, stumbling towards the sofa, unwilling to accept it, "How could they get engaged?"

Ke Lijie wanted to help him, but his hand hesitated halfway and withdrew.

He inexplicably felt a bit guilty, as though he was also an accomplice in this.

Like a salted fish, Cheng Yu slumped on the sofa, his mind blank for a moment, almost unable to recall what had happened before.

After sobering up a bit, he suddenly sat up straight, "I remember now!"

Looking at Cheng Yu's series reactions, Ming Si was worried that admitting the truth might shock him to the point of fainting. Subconsciously, she glanced at Liang Xian.

Liang Xian motioned for her to keep calm.

"Niannian, are you trying to tease me? Huh," Cheng Yu raised one leg and shook it, raising his eyebrows triumphantly, "It's fine to tease others with this kind of talk, but teasing us, haha, everyone knows they've been arguing since they were kids. Engaged? How is that possible?"

"Right, Ke Lijie? Yu Chuan?" He finished speaking and looked around for confirmation.

Ke Lijie and Yu Chuan glanced at each other, speechless and choked.

The atmosphere was eerily quiet.

Cheng Yu looked at Liang Xian for help. This time, his tone was hesitantly seeking approval, "Brother... Brother Xian?"

Liang Xian leaned against the back of the sofa and nodded nonchalantly, "It's true."

"You see! I said it..." Cheng Yu hadn't finished what he was about to say when he suddenly paused, his words getting stuck in his throat. He stared blankly for a moment, widened his eyes, and with an unbelieving tone, asked, "Is it true... true... true?"

Liang Xian replied with a simple En, confirming again, "We are indeed getting engaged."

Crack

This was the sound of Cheng Yu's worldview shattering.

"No, you two, you two... for real?" Finally, after a bit of struggle, Cheng Yu managed to find his tongue. He looked at them, very confused, and said, "What's going on? How can you suddenly get engaged!!"