Chapter 11

Liang Xian uttered those words while holding her hand; he was probably unable to focus on two things at once, so his fingers remained wrapped around her wrist.

Both of them almost simultaneously sensed the situation and subconsciously made eye contact. In that moment, Liang Xian noticed Ming Si's eyelashes, dark as raven feathers, slightly droop and blink rapidly.

He reacted and released her hand.

Yet, his fingertips seemed to retain the sensation from before. On her slender wrist, it felt like there was only a thin layer of skin.

Unexpectedly soft.

The auction was still ongoing, with bidding paddles raised and voices calling out offers. Only here, a brief silence lingered.

For quite some time, neither of them spoke.

Ming Si composed herself and lightly massaged her left wrist with her right hand, glancing at him from the corner of her eye, "Playing a rogue, huh?"

Liang Xian remained silent for a moment before suddenly smiling. He propped his elbow on the table, leaning closer, his voice slightly lowered, "Aren't you a bit too guarded against me?"

Last time at the West Suburb Club, when Cheng Yu held her arm and prevented her from getting into the car, he didn't notice her scold him as a rogue.

"Who told you not to behave properly?" She glanced at him.

This man had a flirtatious look no matter who he talked to, even back in middle school. Naturally, she wouldn't take him seriously.

Liang Xian changed his sitting posture, leaned back against the chair, and stretched out his long legs. He casually said, "How did you come to that conclusion?"

He had a handsome appearance, with slightly peach blossom-shaped eyes that diluted some of his seriousness. It made it seem like he was flirting even if he didn't mean it.

Moreover, he was a man of few words.

She remained silent but kept her gaze lingering on his face, seemingly preparing her words.

Liang Xian understood and curved his lips, "You can't find any evidence, so you're planning to analyze it based on physiognomy?"

Ming Si glared at him and raised the auction catalog in front of her face, ignoring his teasing.

However, Liang Xian reached out and hooked the edge of the catalog, gently pushing it down, preventing her from hiding.

"What are you doing?" Ming Si's eyes peeked out from behind the catalog. Her eye shape was beautiful, with a slight upward tilt at the corners. Her light brown irises glimmered like glass under the overhead light.

"Remember to leave an address. I'll have someone send the brooch over in a few days," he withdrew his hand and leaned back against the chair, his eyelids drooping slightly.

He didn't say anything else.

Ming Si felt increasingly unsure about his thought process. After hesitating for a moment, she put down the catalog and lightly tapped the table, "Liang Xian."

He glanced over with a sidelong gaze.

"Don't you feel like you've been acting strangely recently? Maybe you should find a psychologist to check it out," she sincerely advised.

Liang Xian gave her a sidelong glance and calmly replied, "I'm perfectly normal."

"Sending me money one moment, bidding on a brooch for me the next, I have reason to suspect..." Ming Si paused, her gaze sweeping over him, and she didn't hesitate to say, "You're trying to woo me."