Chapter 47

"Hey, is Brother Xian with you?" Cheng Yu's voice came through.

Ming Si was reclining in the bathtub, her phone placed beside her with the speaker on.

Unimpressed by his words, she replied, "I'm taking a bath. Can he be with me?"

"Oh, right, I forgot. I was going to ask you to give the phone to him. I wanted to say goodbye to him," Cheng Yu's voice trailed off.

Ming Si was speechless for a moment, "Your family's branch office isn't far from Pingcheng. You can come back on weekends."

Why did he make it sound like he's never coming back?

"But I'm taking on a big responsibility there. I can't just keep coming back and forth. It's not like playing house," Cheng Yu's tone turned serious, seemingly as if he was truly set on doing something important. After a pause, he seemed to check the time, and then exclaimed, "Ah! I need to go, I'm boarding soon."

"Goodbye!" Ming Si responded decisively, picking up a strawberry from the crystal bowl nearby.

"Can you say goodbye to Brother Xian for me? Tell him..." Cheng Yu pondered for a moment, "Tell him not to miss me too much. I'll surprise him by appearing quietly."

Ming Si took a bite of the strawberry, replying absentmindedly, "Sure."

He had said this to her as well, a copy-paste response. Probably even Yu Chuan and Ke Lijie had received the same farewell message.

"Also, tell him to treat you well. Even if you annoy him from time to time, he can't treat you casually," Cheng Yu added.

Ming Si set down the half-eaten strawberry and glanced at her phone, "...Is it appropriate for me to tell him that?"

There was silence on the other end for two seconds, then it sounded like Cheng Yu suddenly realized something and he hung up with a beep.

Ming Si didn't bother calling back to argue with him. She ate two strawberries, watched the rubber duck float around in the hot spring water for a while, then got up and dried herself off.

Liang Xian still hadn't replied to her message, leaving her feeling a bit complex.

She wanted him to see the message a little later, but she also hoped that he would reply once he saw it. However, she couldn't really determine what kind of response she hoped for. After all, the content of the message was a bit embarrassing and suggestive.

She figured she must have been a bit dizzy from the hot spring to send him such a playful and suggestive message.

Coming out of the bathroom, Ming Si pressed a button on the electronic screen on the wall, making a call to the housekeeper to come and clean up.

In the villa they were staying at in Guanlan Manor, the caretaker's quarters were separate from the main house, ensuring a high level of privacy. Unlike Shuiyun Bay where the caretaker's quarters were adjacent to the garage and a staircase led directly to the living room.

The longer Ming Si stayed here, the more she appreciated the place. She even regretted not claiming this spot earlier.

Humming a tune, she played with He Sui on the window sill for a while, attempting to teach it to say something different.

However, she realized that it was only willing to repeat phrases like Happy New Year and Wishing you prosperity, so she gave up.

This bird really had its own personality.

When Liang Xian entered the living room, he saw Ming Si coming from the hot spring direction.

She was wearing a loose white cotton bathrobe, the belt cinched around her slender waist and loosely tied into a knot; her figure appeared slender and elegant. The hem of the robe barely reached her knees, and her calves were faintly visible with each step, creating a tantalizing sight.