Chapter 33

Liang Xian's fingers moved slightly. Seeing this, Ming Si grabbed his hand even tighter, even twisting his fingers backward to prevent him from locking the screen.

Amused, he glanced at her from the corner of his eye, "Vigilant, are you?"

Ming Si's lips curved, "Then explain it clearly first."

"Explain what?"

Ming Si snorted and glanced at him, "Pretending to be innocent, wasn't it you who wrote this nickname?"

Today, she tied up her long hair, revealing a smooth forehead with a few black strands of hair falling in curls on her eyebrows, adding a touch of charm.

In this look, her features appeared particularly bright and three-dimensional. The finely arched eyebrows showed a pleased expression that was shining brightly.

Liang Xian raised an eyebrow slightly, "Didn't you see it for yourself?"

"What do you mean?" Ming Si drawled in a leisurely tone, "Are you secretly in love with me and too embarrassed to say it?"

"Do you think I've been quarreling with you since we were kids as a way to get your attention?" Liang Xian was impressed by her imagination, "If I liked you, I would pursue you. Is it necessary to argue with you just to get noticed?"

"Who knows?" Ming Si flicked the long hair hanging by her ear, looking very self-satisfied, "After all, someone secretly changed my nickname to Ming Fairy."

After saying this, she tilted her head, waiting with interest for his response.

It wasn't that she really thought Liang Xian secretly had feelings for her, but she was curious about what kind of circumstances would make someone give others special nicknames.

She, for instance, was quite lazy. She would only write their own full names in their nickname fields. Some people didn't even get nicknames from her.

Liang Xian chuckled lightly, his voice slightly low, "If that were the case, what would you do?"

He didn't deny it and even played along with her words, leaving Ming Si momentarily at a loss for how to respond.

At this moment, someone passed by them and glanced at them.

After the person left, the surrounding air, which seemed to be frozen in silence, began to flow again.

It was only at this moment that Ming Si finally realized that she had been holding onto Liang Xian's hand all along, and she had been holding it so tightly that her fingers were almost embedded between his.

The man's hands were long and slender, with a distinct and unfamiliar touch, quite different from her own. When she held his hand just now, it felt natural, but now it seemed to have a burning temperature.

Ming Si quickly let go, feeling her face heating up for some unknown reason. Hastily, she randomly picked a question to ask, "Tell me honestly, why did you save such a nickname for me?"

Liang Xian nonchalantly locked the screen and let his hand that holding his phone naturally hang down.

His gaze fell on her pursed lips for a moment, and then he smiled casually, "I saved it because I wanted to."

Although it was him who saved such a nickname, why did she end up being the embarrassed one in the end?

Ming Si sat in the cinema, holding the little yellow duck, but her attention was not on the movie screen at all.

A bucket of popcorn was placed on the armrest between the two, and the rich aroma of butter spread in the air, making even the air between them seem sweet.