Chapter 42

What did he say?

Jealous?

When Liang Xian unexpectedly appeared earlier, Ming Si felt like it was a dream.

But the scene in front of her felt more real than the dream. He asked a question earlier and she answered in response.

But at this moment, that surreal feeling came back.

Ming Si reached out and slowly approached the side of his face.

Liang Xian glanced at her from the corner of his eye but didn't move.

The next moment, there was a slap.

She felt the tangible touch of his, her fingertips could even vaguely trace the contours of his bones.

If this were a dream, it was too realistic.

Ming Si finally came back to reality. Her hand remained on his face as she blinked, "Why did you come?"

The usually bright and flamboyant peacock showed a rare confused look, appearing somewhat innocent.

Liang Xian smiled playfully and said, "You're asking now? Isn't it a bit late?"

His gaze fell on her hand, hesitated for a moment, and then returned to look at her. There was a hint of teasing in his eyes, "I came all the way to pick you up, and this is how you respond to my confession with a slap?"

He glanced at her hand, hesitated for a moment, and then looked back at her with a slightly teasing expression, "I traveled a long way to pick you up, yet you slapped me as your response to my confession?"

What... does that mean?

Confession?

The information in his words was too much for Ming Si to process. She was still trying to digest it when Liang Xian lightly laughed and lightly removed her hand down from his face.

He stood up, looked at the dark sky outside, then lowered his head, "Do you feel uncomfortable? Should I take you back to rest first?"

Following his gaze, Ming Si first shook her head and then nodded.

She didn't know how to react at this moment, "I'm not uncomfortable. Please take me back."

Leaving the lobby, the sound of the rain was unobstructed and roared like someone venting their emotions.

Raindrops struck the glass of nearby buildings with a crisp sound, almost piercing people's eardrums.

The cold wind wrapped in icy rain blew against them, and before Ming Si could step back, Liang Xian had already taken a step and effortlessly stood in front of her.

The tall figure of the man was outlined against the leaden sky and the edge of his black windbreaker seemed to reflect a faint light.

Ming Si tilted her head slightly to look for a moment, then she saw him turn around and say, "I have a place not far from here. Shall we go there?"

She nodded, following him outside.

Whether it was due to being in a foreign country or seeing him unexpectedly in the heavy rain, Ming Si suddenly felt that Liang Xian was a bit unfamiliar.

She had never felt this way before, even during the five years of studying abroad. They only met briefly during their vacations in China, only spending a few dozen hours together.

But her impression of him remained the same as always——careless, always against her, and infuriating.

Just like in high school, Ming Si found it hard to understand the girls who fought over Liang Xian, feeling jealous and competing with each other——what was so good about this carefree and mischievous young master from head to toe?