Chapter 20

Upon hearing this, Ming Si vaguely felt that there was something off with that statement— it seemed like it could be understood in a twisted way. It could even be interpreted as a response to her previous remark.

Miss Ming was someone who always did as she pleased and had no habit of beating around the bush. She put down her spoon and propped her chin on her hand as she looked at him, "Liang Xian, there's something I've been wanting to ask you for a long time."

"En, go ahead and ask," he leaned back, casually resting his hand on the edge of the table, glancing at her.

"When you first found out we were getting married, how did you feel?" Ming Si remembered it clearly; it was a spring day in Berlin, the brilliant cherry blossoms blooming along the streets after a long and cold winter.

In stark contrast to that, after receiving a call from Cen Xinyan, she felt as if her heart was about to explode with anger.

Liang Xian withdrew his hand and adjusted his sitting posture slightly.

He didn't expect her to ask this question.

Regarding the marriage alliance with the Ming family, he actually knew about it a little earlier than Ming Si.

His initial reaction was that it was extremely ridiculous. His marriage was not up to the Liang family to decide, so he flatly refused. However, he didn't expect Liang Zhihong to personally come find him overseas.

"I know you don't care about the Liang family's inheritance," Liang Zhihong paused and placed a stack of documents on the table, slowly pushing them toward him, "But you should at least consider the friend who grew up with you."

His expression was resolute and his tone seemed to have a hundred percent certainty. Liang Xian vaguely felt an ominous premonition.

The documents appeared to be thick, but they were actually only about two men; one from the Zheng family in Shanghai and the other from the Zhao family in Nanjing.

The reason why it took such a thick stack to bind them was that one of the men had a rich dating history. In the past two years alone, he had dated more than ten known individuals, and he had just been released from drug rehabilitation.

The other one wasn't as outrageous, he was a Harvard graduate, took over the family business at a young age, and showed exceptional abilities with a strong and forceful approach. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call him a young talent.

However, over the years, his sexual orientation had always been a topic of discussion in the public eye, and even the names of several of his former boyfriends were widely known.

These two individuals, due to their prominent families, were among the candidates to become Ming Si's husband.

Liang Xian's face turned cold.

Liang Zhihong noticed it and smiled slowly, "You know what Ming Zhengyuan is to Ming Si."

Of course, Liang Xian was clear.

Business alliances were based on interests. Faced with immense benefits, even biological parents might not fully investigate the character of the prospective in-laws, let alone Ming Zhengyuan, who was merely Ming Si's stepfather.

Apart from being a stepfather, he was, first and foremost, a businessman.

......

"Is this question so difficult?" Ming Si had no idea that she narrowly escaped a potential disaster and reached out to wave her hand in front of him, "Liang Xian, answer the question."

Liang Xian finally realized he had been absent-minded and glanced at her, chuckling softly, "I guess it's because of fate?"

Ming Si glanced at him, displeased, and said, "What kind of answer is that?"