Extra Chapter 9

Shencheng and Pingcheng, one in the south and the other in the north, didn't frequently interact with each other. So, even Ming Si didn't expect that Liang Yican would be so fixated on Chi Yu.

"I thought young children's memories were like that of goldfish," on the way back to their room, Ming Si held Liang Xian's hand and swung it playfully, "I didn't expect Canbao to remember Chi Yu. Maybe there's really some fate there."

"What kind of fate?" Liang Xian wasn't very convinced.

"And I've made an agreement with Cen Xu," Ming Si continued, "That we'll become in-laws in the future."

Liang Xian said, "Canbao is still a child. She's already thinking about the future?"

She said something, and he countered.

They were exchanging views that could sabotage each other.

"Hmph, you're childish," Ming Si stopped and tapped his nose, her tone drawn out, "Are you afraid that the pig will steal our little cabbage?"

Liang Xian reached out and held her finger, then gave it a kiss. He countered, "You went through all the hardship to give birth; can't I be a bit strict and choose a reliable person for her?"

"Oh," Ming Si responded with a voice full of teasing, her lips curling up. After a while, she whispered again, "But Chi Yu is clearly a good-quality young boy."

Liang Xian raised an eyebrow, "Well, we'll have to observe and decide in the future."

Just like the thoughts of many fathers, Liang Xian also thought this way.

His daughter, born to him and Ming Si, deserved the very best in this world.

This summer, Ming Si and Liang Xian unexpectedly entered the field of vision of the vast online community.

To understand this, we need to go back a few years to the marine pearl farm base that Liang Xian had purchased for Ming Si.

The marine pearl farm base wasn't large, but the quality of seawater there was the most suitable for the growth of mollusks. After the pearls were produced, the highest quality ones were sent to Ming Si's studio, while the rest were selected based on quality and sold. The profits were donated to charity foundations each year, and overall, the endeavor wasn't particularly profitable. It was more of a hobby-oriented farm project.

The contracted area of the sea was actually larger than the farm base, but Liang Xian hadn't managed to oversee everything, allowing a part of it to grow freely.

That summer, a few people from the farm base had a whim and went nearby to explore, catching a mollusk.

To their surprise, they found a natural teardrop-shaped pearl the size of a thumb. Not only was the surface smooth and flawless, but the structure was almost perfectly symmetrical.

It's worth noting that in the realm of natural pearls, achieving a perfectly round shape was quite rare, let alone a near-symmetrical teardrop shape.

News of this discovery spread. Many people inquired about the price, some even asked if there were plans for an auction.

"You're incredible, Brother Xian. I've realized now, whether you're buying a car or pearls, it's not called extravagance," Ke Lijie said with a sigh while discussing the matter, "It's all called investment! When we were in university, you casually bought an antique car, it appreciated. Now you've bought a pearl farm for your wife, and you're still able to produce something so impressive—do you plan to auction it at a high price?"

From what he knew, there were a few wealthy individuals in Pingcheng who were interested in this particular pearl and were planning to buy it to either pamper their wives or impress their mistresses.