Chapter 22

In fact, Liang Xian didn't care much about leaving early or late. He was used to being indifferent, and even if he was pushed onto a formal stage, as long as he didn't want to cooperate, no one dared to bother him with idle chit-chat.

However, he was quite curious to see how Ming Si planned to escape, so he chuckled softly, "Sure."

The evening banquet was set in the villa's backyard, with a long table adorned with flowers from all over the world, and a complete set of Christofle silver-plated cutlery gleaming with a cold luster. The lights flickered, and waiters in tailcoats came and went, while a cellist played a deep and melodious tune.

The outside catering was handled by a team of chefs from five-star hotels around the world, as well as an elusive Michelin three-star chef, all carefully arranged and screened by Zhong Wanzhi as the hostess to please the guests.

However, anyone with discerning eyes could tell that the Crown Prince of Jinghong was not appreciative of all this.

As the family of four walked in, Zhong Wanzhi accompanied them with a smile and said something, but Liang Xian remained cold and arrogant throughout, utterly dismissing everyone around him.

"Her own biological son is unreliable, so she can only try to flatter her stepson," someone said with a disdainful tone, "And have you heard how she drove Young Master Liang's biological mother to her death? Shameless, really."

Some people were quietly surprised, "There was such a thing? Wasn't Mrs. Liang always in poor health?"

"She was, but if it weren't for Zhong Wanzhi bringing her son to the door and claiming that he was Old President Liang's biological son, Mrs. Liang wouldn't have died of depression back then."

"Ah..."

The women deliberately lowered their voices, but Ming Si, who was sitting close by, perked up her ears upon hearing the conversation, almost catching every word of their discussion.

She subconsciously looked up at Liang Xian. Liang Zhihong was speaking on the stage, while Liang Xian stood to the side, one hand casually in his pocket, his face expressionless. His suit and the crisp cuffs of his white shirt exuded a hint of elegance.

However, after hearing those words just now, Ming Si felt that at this moment, he looked lonely and distant.

Although the large villa filled with relatives and friends, it seemed as if there was no one who was close to him.

In Ming Si's memory, Liang Xian's biological mother was a very gentle person.

Due to her poor health, she lived in a healing resort on a remote island abroad, and Liang Xian could only visit her during holidays. When Ming Si was six years old, she went there with Cheng Yu and the others.

Seeing the beach, Ming Si couldn't help but recall the unpleasant encounter with Liang Xian when they first met. So during the vacation days, she didn't hesitate to cause trouble for him. Whenever Liang Xian retorted, she would run to his mother and complain about him.

Liang Xian's mother always sat in a large and soft chair, with a thin blanket over her knees. The honey-colored evening sun shone through the French windows, making her face appear exceptionally gentle, "Little Xian is in the wrong. Auntie will scold him for you."

Ming Si felt particularly pleased to hear that, so she turned around to make a teasing face at Liang Xian.

Liang Xian always responded with a hmph and reluctantly gave in. At that age, the little boy was mischievous and unruly, but in front of his mother, he seemed to be somewhat restrained.