Chapter 63

As the year-end approached, after a busy period, everyone gradually began preparing for the upcoming Lunar New Year.

For the young people who had just been thrown into their respective positions in their own companies for training, the significance of the New Year break lay in various parties and gatherings, with all-night partying being a common occurrence.

After returning to Pingcheng, Cheng Yu was like a rooster let out of a cage, running wild. His Moments was constantly updated with his activities, from clubbing to skiing with Ke Lijie and a few other friends one day, to jungle survival the next.

In the past, Liang Xian used to be a lone wolf, often joining Cheng Yu and the others when he came back to China. However, this year he only attended one event half-heartedly, spending most of his time with Ming Si.

Ming Si actually wanted to go out and have fun, but a few days ago, she attended an outdoor fashion show for a certain brand with more style than concern for the weather. The temperature dropped suddenly in the afternoon, and the brilliant sun disappeared without a trace, replaced by pouring rain.

Winter rain in Pingcheng wasn't light; it was bone-chillingly cold, capable of freezing one's bones.

Although Ming Si was quick to take cover, she still got soaked in the rain. That night, she got a cold.

Normally, her health was good, and she didn't usually catch colds during seasonal changes. So, this illness struck particularly hard.

The fever persisted for more than a day before subsiding. Her nose was completely blocked as she lay in bed with little energy. Her main form of entertainment was watching movies. She would bundle up and walk downstairs for a couple of minutes, as well as scroll through her social media feed to see what others were doing.

Afraid that she would feel lonely, Liang Xian had been finishing his work early these past few days so that he could come home to keep her company.

Since Ming Si had a poor appetite, he would come up with various ways to make her light and easily digestible congee or meals, which he would bring upstairs to feed her. And serving tea, water, or slicing fruits for her was second nature.

Once, when Cheng Yu, Ke Lijie, and Yu Chuan came to visit her, they witnessed Liang Xian devotion firsthand, which left them speechless with mixed feelings.

Two months ago, if someone had said that these two could become so affectionate with each other as couple, they would have likely advised the person to go to the nearest hospital for a brain check.

Ming Si's lingering cold took about seven days to recover from. She learned her lesson for the short term – she bundled herself up tightly whenever she went out, resolutely guarding against the cold. But within a couple of days, her true colors started to show again.

On this particular day, the two of them were going to attend a party. Ming Si excitedly fetched a festive party gown from the closet.

Liang Xian wasn't the kind to indulge without any limits. With a glance, he decisively took it away and locked it up. He then straightforwardly prepared a combination of a down jacket and longer pants for her.

Ming Si couldn't argue with him; she was so frustrated that she seemed to be emitting smoke.

She held the down jacket, not bothering to hide her disdain. "This doesn't look good. And who wears a down jacket to a party? Even if you're dressed warmly, you'll have to take it off in the private room."

"It's cold outside," Liang Xian said, one hand in his pocket, not backing down, "I'm just surprised you're not even wearing thermal pants."

Ming Si: "?"