Chapter 21

On the elevated bridge, the black Bentley sped along, splashing rainwater into sharp lines.

The atmosphere inside the car was unusually silent. The two young masters and the young lady in the backseat hadn't spoken since they got in the car. Even the usually quiet Chai Tai, who rarely spoke unless necessary, had become the one with the most words because of his courteous greeting to Ming Si when they got in.

Ming Si propped her chin up and looked out the window, trying her best to maintain a calm appearance as if nothing had happened.

Liang Xian leaned on the backrest, lightly tapping the armrest box with one hand. Although he hadn't done anything, Ming Si noticed from the corner of her eye that his calm demeanor and the faint curve of his lips were very suspicious.

She wanted to ask him several times, but she was afraid of stirring up trouble for herself, so she forced herself to suppress the urge and diverted her attention.

At this moment, her phone vibrated, and she opened it to see a reply from Lin Xijia:「Stop talking about it. I feel like I'm dead just by reading it through the screen.」

「Playing-dead.jpg.」

Ming Si: "..."

The previous message in the chatbox was her description of the whole incident, and because she was too emotional at the time, she used several "ahs" and exclamation marks to express her overwhelming frustration at being caught red-handed. Rereading it now, she still felt a strong sense of suffocation.

Lin Xijia couldn't bear to look at it even through the screen, but Ming Si had actually experienced the brutal scene for real.

She glanced at those lines and quickly looked away, tightly closing her eyes.

But she couldn't stop the scenes from playing out in her mind, and there were even a few seconds when Ming Si tried to look at the scene from Liang Xian's perspective, trying to find evidence to convince herself that it wasn't as awkward as she had imagined.

The result was that she also felt like wanting to play dead.

Ming Si turned her head slightly, placing one hand on the car's storage shelf, with her index and middle fingers resting on her forehead, blocking her view.

After a moment, she let out a low and brief murmur in her throat. Although it was just one very soft syllable, it was filled with deep regret.

Liang Xian held back a laugh for a moment, then spoke again, "I didn't see anything."

Ming Si hesitated for a moment, then withdrew one finger and glanced at him sideways.

Likewise, he also saw her eyes.

The corners of her eyes were slightly raised, with long and defined eyelashes casting a faint shadow on her fair skin. Her beautiful light brown irises were clear and translucent, now filled with suspicion and uncertainty.

He added, "Really, I'm not lying to you."

"You're so kind?" Ming Si said, half-believing.

Liang Xian chuckled softly, "Why don't we recall together then?"

Ming Si immediately became annoyed, giving him a sideways glance. She lowered her hand from her forehead, straightened her back, and didn't even spare him a side glance.

Liang Xian hooked the corner of his lips and lazily leaned back in his seat.

He had actually come to pick Ming Si up for a family banquet. After making a few calls and failing to reach her, he came to her villa on his own.