Chapter 15

"I've come to realize now, shopping doesn't inspire creativity, but the poverty after shopping sure does!" Lin Xijia snuggled on the couch, hugging a cushion, with a bright and cheerful expression on her face, "Last night, I thought about how much money I spent and finally crawled out of bed to finish the last episode!"

She had submitted the script for the episode earlier in the morning and was now enjoying her vacation. The summer in Pingcheng was never easy, and in early August, the streets were scorching even with the wind blowing.

In this kind of weather, only the brave would venture outside for fun. But Lin Xijia didn't want to stay at home alone, so she ran to Ming Si's villa.

On the top floor of the villa, Ming Si had a separate studio.

At this moment, Lin Xijia was absent-mindedly chatting while scrolling through Weibo.

Ming Si was wearing a simple white T-shirt, standing in front of a metalworking table, holding a soldering gun, and focused on soldering a ring.

Today, she didn't curl her hair and instead tied it up neatly, with light makeup on her face, still looking stunning.

"I used to think that studying jewelry meant dealing with various gemstones, but who would have thought there would be soldering involved too," Lin Xijia watched for a while before feeling disappointed, "It feels a bit disillusioning."

Looking around, the workbench was filled with files, tweezers, sandpaper, and polishing wheels—no sign of gemstones.

Ming Si turned off the soldering gun and finally had time to reply, "There are gemstones too."

Lin Xijia didn't notice, "Where are they?"

Ming Si gestured toward a small wooden table next to her, where a white ceramic vase stood with fresh gardenia flowers blooming freely.

Lin Xijia tilted her head and saw a small basket made of rattan hidden among the branches and leaves, filled with sparkling diamonds and colored gems.

Most of them were scattered around.

Even though Lin Xijia came from a well-off family, her eyes widened at the sight, "You're just casually throwing around so many diamonds?"

"They're of average quality, used for practice," Ming Si undid her hair and tied it up again.

She had a good sense of aesthetics and was skilled in design, but when it came to metalworking, she was relatively weaker. Lately, she had been practicing with a specific focus.

Lin Xijia glanced at the gems again, feeling almost blinded by their radiance.

...Sorry for interrupting.

After soldering the small ring, Ming Si and Lin Xijia prepared to go out to a hot spring hotel for a spa.

As they walked down the stairs, Lin Xijia spotted a brightly colored bird with its wings spread wide, strutting on the floor as if patrolling its territory.

Its posture was quite arrogant.

"Did you buy a parrot?" Lin Xijia asked uncertainly. At the same time, she felt it looked a bit familiar.

"It's He Sui," Ming Si replied, looking up at the birdcage, only to find that the cage door was somehow opened.

Lin Xijia almost doubted her own ears, "What?"

Ming Si didn't have time to answer because at that moment, Si Si popped its head out from the corner of the sofa.

Ming Si's eyelid twitched. The next second, she saw He Sui, who seemed to have spotted a target, taking off from its spot and flying towards the sofa, swiftly hitting Si Si on the head.