Chapter 23

The moment Ming Si saw those words, a faint smile appeared at the corner of her lips.

Then, she felt a bit puzzled again, so she held back and asked him:「Where are the remaining 299 times?」

Liang Xian replied quite quickly:「In installments.」

It was the first time Ming Si heard of the idea of copying a penalty in installments. She turned around with her phone in hand and leaned against the dressing table:「How many installments?」

Liang Xian:「300.」

Ming Si: "..."

300 days to complete the penalty, is he crazy?

He doesn't mind sending it out every day, but she minds receiving it every day.

Ming Si snorted:「When you were studying, did your teacher allow you to submit the homework in separate installments?」

Liang Xian's reply was quite serious:「When I was in school, I never submitted homework.」

Never copied texts? Who would believe that?

Ming Si remembered that this person was always careless even during high school, not to mention that he never wore the school uniform properly, which had earned him countless admonishments from the class teacher.

If he hadn't consistently ranked first in the class, he would have been taken to the flag-raising platform for a school-wide self-criticism long ago.

However, didn't he receive many small punishments in between?

She was about to retort when she saw a new message.

Liang Xian:「My class teacher usually likes to punish by making students stand.」

Ming Si:「......」

The little peacock was probably taken aback by his response. After a moment of silence, she sent an emoji that said: You figure it out yourself.

Even through the screen, Liang Xian could imagine her annoyed expression. He curled his lips, exited the chatbox, and after a while, clicked back in.

For people he frequently contacted, he never needed to write a nickname. So, on the chat page, it still displayed Ming Si's own nickname, using the simplest pinyin, Ming Si.

Liang Xian clicked on her profile picture.

Ming Si's profile picture was her own photo, taken in a café beneath a snow-capped mountain.

She was wearing a light purple thin sweater, holding a small deer-patterned coffee cup and smiling at the camera. The soft daylight outlined her delicate face, and beside her, the glass window reflected her side profile. The light and shadow intermingled with the distant snow-capped mountains, creating an artistic atmosphere.

Liang Xian long-pressed the picture and chose to save it.

He exited and went to the nickname editing page. His finger hesitated over Ming Si for a moment before changing it to Ming Fairy.

In the blink of an eye, September was coming to an end. According to the calendar, it should be early autumn, but in Pingcheng, summer always lingered. It occupied the preceding ten days and encroached on the next half month, squeezing the spring and autumn seasons almost to non-existence.

These days, the temperature was still high enough to make people evaporate on the streets.

Wearing sunglasses, Ming Si went straight to the back seat from under the servant's umbrella. The driver took her small suitcase to the trunk, and when everything was ready, they drove towards the airport.