Chapter 34

As soon as she received the message, Ming Si subconsciously glanced at the time on her phone.

01:13.

This should be one of the few times she stayed up late since returning to the country. Unexpectedly, Cheng Yu and Liang Xian also coincidentally turned into night owls.

Ming Si picked up her phone and replied:「Aren't you also not sleeping?」

She quickly tidied up the worktable, and just as she was about to turn off the lights and leave, the phone screen lit up.

Liang Xian:「Can't sleep.」

Through the screen, she couldn't see his tone or expression, so Ming Si relied on her own judgment as she typed:「What's wrong? Do you have something on your mind?」

Just as she pressed send, a bright and dazzling lightning flashed before her eyes, immediately followed by a deafening thunder.

Rumble

Torrential rain poured down.

Ming Si was completely unprepared and screamed in fright, nearly losing her balance. After a while, she covered her pounding heart, still feeling a lingering fear.

It was actually raining.

The thunderstorm came on suddenly, and raindrops kept smashing against the window, forming a torrential curtain of rain that was constantly broken and interwoven.

At the end of summer in Pingcheng, this kind of rain was quite common.

However, after walking a few steps, there was another thunderclap without warning.

Ming Si's eyelids twitched. She forcefully suppressing the terrifying feeling as if her scalp was exploding and quickly rushed downstairs. She closed the bedroom door and lay on the bed for a while before remembering to check her WeChat.

Liang Xian's message was from three minutes ago:「Nothing.」

There was another message below:「There's been some thunderclaps. Are you afraid?」

Ming Si used to be particularly afraid of thunderclaps when she was a child, the kind that would scare her to hide everywhere.

At the healing resort on the island, there happened to be a rare thunderstorm day.

The nanny searched the entire villa but couldn't find Ming Si. She came back to report with a frightened expression. Hearing this, Cheng Yu was about to cry out of anxiety. In the end, Liang Xian found her in the cloakroom.

At that time, Ming Si was curled up in a decorative woven bamboo basket, huddled into a small ball, both hands tightly covering her ears.

She was wearing a spaghetti strap nightgown, with her arms exposed. When lightning flashed from outside the window, her skin looked as if it was covered in a layer of snow.

......

She didn't reply for a while, so Liang Xian sent another message:「Ming Si?」

Ming Si turned over before replying slowly:「Do you think I'm three years old?」

Liang Xian chuckled softly:「No. You were probably six years old at that time.」

It was the first time he say Ming Si being so timid. When she heard the thunder, she almost buried her head in her knees, like a little ostrich.

When he saw the lightning flash, he patted her shoulder to remind her, "There's another thunder coming."

However, Ming Si seemed startled. She quickly pulled out a colorful shawl from her side and covered her head with it as if she could block out the sound that way.