Chapter 44

Back when Cheng Yu used to tease Yu Chuan, he often nagged about him staying in the lab all day without exercising, warning him to beware of getting weak.

Ke Lijie couldn't stand it and would often hum in response, "Oh please, Yu Chuan exercises with Brother Xian all the time. It's a load of nonsense about him being weak."

At this juncture, Ming Si didn't know why she suddenly remembered this scene. Then, only fragmented phrases remained in her mind...

Brother Xian, exercising, not weak.

Just a moment ago, she had been sitting in her place. Before she could feel frustrated about the failed retort just now, Liang Xian effortlessly lifted her up and sat her on his lap. Due to inertia, her body quickly leaned back. Startled, she grabbed onto his shoulders. However, in the next second, her waist was tightly embraced and guided, instantly restoring her balance.

Still a bit shaken from the surprise, Ming Si was rather angry, "Liang Xian! I almost hit the back of my head just now!"

Liang Xian's hands circled her waist, and he chuckled. "No, you wouldn't have."

"How do you know I wouldn't? What if I hit my head and got a concussion?" Ming Si raised her face with a pout, "You'd be legally responsible for that."

She actually wouldn't have gotten hit on her head.

Liang Xian took hold of her hand, interlocking their fingers, and chuckled playfully, "I just wanted to hold my wife. Why would that make me legally responsible?"

Wife.

The word left Ming Si in a daze, causing pink bubbles to almost pop up in her mind. After coming back to her senses, she regained her composure, lifted her hand, and poked his face with an inquisitive gesture, "Why do you say it so naturally?"

Liang Xian caught her hand and let it go, teasing her, "Isn't it the truth? Besides, you seemed like you were considering..."

"I wasn't!" Ming Si quickly interrupted him, averted her gaze, and crossed her arms with a chilly expression, "Who said I want to share a bed with you?"

"Well, how about girlfriend then," Liang Xian adapted just as quickly, his gaze carrying a smile, "Is that fine?"

Ming Si reluctantly nodded after a moment, then continued, "But still, we should experience the process."

That process from liking each other to holding hands, embracing, kissing... every second, every moment of that ripple, she wanted to magnify it so she wouldn't miss a thing.

They couldn't just jump straight into the husband-and-wife mode.

It wouldn't be romantic at all.

Liang Xian chuckled and replied, "En."

"Moreover, if it wasn't for the arranged marriage, you might still be chasing after me right now," Ming Si suddenly thought of this, a trace of smugness appearing at the corner of her eyes. She pointed at his nose with her index finger, "You wouldn't even have a girlfriend right now."

In her current position, seated on Liang Xian's lap, she was almost like a princess being carried. Her legs swung lightly, her fair and straight legs occasionally peeking out from under her bathrobe. Every line looked beautifully taut.

Liang Xian's Adam's apple moved slightly.

Unaware, Ming Si continued to gloat and asked him, "Isn't that right?"

She looked to the side, waiting for his answer, but coincidentally met his gaze.

Liang Xian had very standard peach blossom eyes, with a gentle curve and slightly lifted corners. At this moment, his gaze seemed to deepen slightly.