Chapter 58

After the door was shut in their faces, the trio stood still in place, their faces seeming to be collectively inscribed with a row of Oh my God. It became a comical and lively image that was frozen in time.

Liang Xian didn't really mind their reactions. He turned back, extinguished the cigarette, and casually tugged at the strap of her nightgown, "You ran out like this?"

Even though the room was temperature-controlled and not as cold as outside, Ming Si had just crawled out of her warm bed and was wearing loose clothing. Upon his remark, she felt a slight chill on her skin.

Instinctively, she hugged him and caught a faint whiff of tobacco.

She closed her eyes and rubbed against his arm before circling back to the previous topic, "Who was that just now?"

In this upscale residential area, the distance between villas was considerable, and the people passing by were all prominent figures. It was rare for anyone to be careless enough to knock on the wrong door. She didn't believe his nonsense.

"Cheng Yu."

An electric jolt ran through Ming Si's mind.

Liang Xian continued calmly, "Ke Lijie, Yu Chuan."

She suddenly slipped out of his embrace, staring at him in disbelief.

Liang Xian ruffled her hair, still in the mood to tease her. His voice was soft, tinged with a hint of amusement, "What do we do? Looks like we've been discovered."

Ming Si was fully awake now. Looking at Liang Xian's unconcerned expression, she playfully punched his shoulder in exasperation, "How did they come here? You didn't even tell me? I'm still wearing this outfit! And we..."

"And what?" He arched an eyebrow with a smile.

Ming Si abruptly stopped.

They were just hugging at the door.

And she had been acting coquettish toward him.

Wearing a strap nightgown.

When she imagined the expressions on those three people's faces just now, she felt so embarrassed that she wanted to dig a hole and hide in it.

Come to think of it, Ming Si had also thought about how things would be when they were eventually exposed. However, in her imagination, she would be the one in control, laughing heartily while the others were left bewildered, and she would say, "Didn't believe me before, did you?"

But the current situation was both awkward and unexpected.

It was as if they had been caught in the act without any preparation.

Ming Si was truly regretting it now.

When Cheng Yu left Pingcheng, he did ask her to pass a message to Liang Xian: that he would surprise Liang Xian upon his return. She hadn't taken it seriously and hadn't even bothered relaying the message... and now, this was the result—both sides were surprised.

Ming Si fell silent, mentally replaying the morning's events. Once again, she felt her scalp tingling.

"Now what? Did you close the door properly?" She absentmindedly grabbed at her disheveled hair, feeling a bit frustrated, "Will they leave?"

Liang Xian chuckled softly and helped her fix her hair, "They probably won't."

Ming Si: "..."

Upon reflection, it made sense.

Knowing Cheng Yu's personality, he wouldn't just let it slide without getting to the bottom of things.

"Actually, it's good that it's out in the open," Liang Xian said as he pulled her into his embrace, placing a kiss on the tip of her nose, "We can openly show our affection in the future."