Chapter 44

Louis looked at the sleeping baby in his arms, rocking him side to side as he watched his mum and step-father talk to the funeral director. Louis' grandmother had died which is why he left so abruptly. He wasn't thinking straight when he left, and he was going to come back after her funeral but now his son was back in his arms with the tiny little hearing aid they had gotten from the hearing unit at the hospital as well as a leaflet on how to care for him even though there weren't any modifications to be taken in his life.

Louis frowned at the baby in his arms as he thought about Harry and where he was. He was crying so hard. With that, he picked up his phone and dialled Harry's number.

"Hi" he heard Harry whispered hoarsely. Louis frowned and looked down at his baby.

"Baby, are you okay? Where are you?" He asked him, leaning forwards.

"I-I jus-just needed time a-and I miss you so much" Harry replied, beginning to cry again.

"Where are you? I'm going to leave Tobias with my mum and sisters" he replied.

"I-in the field a couple streets away" he whispered. "I think I got spotted" he sniffled as Louis walked to him mothers room.

"Shush, don't worry. Your windows are all blacked out. I'll be there soon" he replied. "I love you" he said.

"I-I love y-you too" he sobbed which only made Louis speed up. He opened the door with the hand that he wasn't holding Tobias with and walked to his mother. "Look after him for a bit please. Harry isn't well," he said, kissing Tobias' forehead and then handing him over to his mother.

Jay didn't question anything but cooed at the baby in his arms. Since Harry had his car, he ran to the field Harry had parked in, seeing the black Land Rover parked near the centre.

He pulled open the door and climbed in, seeing as Harry had his hands on the steering wheel with his forehead resting on it as he cried.

"Princess, come here" he whispered. Harry looked up and climbed over the console as Louis pulled his seat all the way backwards so there was more room for him.

"It-it's too much" Harry cried into Louis' neck. "Please come home" he stuttered. Louis rubbed his hands up and down his back, knowing it made him feel safe.

"I'm going to be home in a week. I'm sorry I left you both on such short notice" Louis whispered as Harry let out heart breaking sobs.

From then on, neither of them spoke. Louis just kissed Harry's temple and rubbed his back as he slowly began to calm down. "Stay at mine. We have some of your clothes here, don't think about writing any songs. Just relax with us. We have to plan things but we will let you come" Louis said in a loving tone.

"Yes please" Harry sniffled. Louis smiled and lifted his head to kiss him. He pressed his lips to Harry's trembling ones and kissed him softly, pulling away to kiss his neck.

"I'll drive us back, just breathe and hold my hand" Louis mumbled and climbed over the console to the drivers side. Harry grabbed his hand and took deep breaths as he drove the short distance back to the house. Louis helped him out the car and opened the door for him, letting him sit down on the sofa.

"I'm going to get pumpkin, then we can snuggle and watch Pocahontas." He said. Harry smiled and nodded weakly. Minutes later, Louis came back down with Tobias who was now awake, smiling at him and holding his head up.

Louis smiled and pulled faces at him which made a giggle escaped the baby's mouth. Harry looked over at them both in shock, standing up to stand next to Louis who was kissing his sons cheek. "Do it again" he demanded with a smile. Harry laughed and kissed Louis' cheek and then Tobias'.