Chapter 8- Burning Wish Pt.1

Like a shot, Lineir was running before the words finished echoing in his head. He wasn't completely sure, but he felt significantly faster than he used to be, perhaps this had something to do with the mysterious Qi the voice kept speaking of. Either way, he was nowhere near the god-surpassing speed that his body had displayed while he was possessed. His best guess was that he was maybe 30% faster than before, and while the White Horizon Sect's experts flying towards him could avoid obstacles on the ground, they honestly were not that fast in the air. They would definitely catch him eventually in a straight race, but he could get out of sight and hide before they got to the Deadzone. Thinking fast, Lineir ducked into the mass of broken tombstones and crushed buildings which were everywhere in the Deadzone.

"Kiddo, a place like this won't do! When the pain hits you, your body will face incomparable suffering! Will you have the willpower to hold yourself in check and not make a single sound? I doubt it. Go find the pit where you met me. There should still be a pool of that undead blood there. I'll make sure that you can breath underneath, though you'll have to find a way to keep your body from floating back up to the surface while you're unconscious. It might be gross but it's your only shot!" The mysterious voice urged him desperately.

Several White Horizon Sect members were getting a little too close for comfort and Lineir had to make his choice! He dropped into a building on his left. The voice was angered by his refusal to listen to its advice,

"What are you doing? That pool of blood is the only place you will be able to scream your head off in without being noticed! You can't think you can hide in this building forever? Soon enough they'll find you!"

Lineir however didn't even bother answering. Soon enough, the voices of the sect drifted by.

"Where is this kid? He was quite fast. Must be only a little bit further ahead. Keep searching! We definitely need to find out the reason for that eruption of energy earlier. Surely he discovered some sort of treasure here which would help us regain our status, maybe we could even rejoin with the great sects again!" The voices quickly passed over Lineir's position.

"You've got guts kid. I'll admit, you might achieve mediocrity as a man one day. If the Qi in your veins had finished circling your Second Heart before they passed over, you definitely would have been discovered. But it is true that I forgot...your speed is inferior to those wimpy cultivators as a mortal. You probably wouldn't have made it to the pool in time. It was a good gamble to let them pass by. Hurry and go before they realize their mistake and double back!"

Smiling, Lineir made his way to the pool filled with black liquid and stood beside it for a second. There was nothing to weigh himself down. His body would float back up in the dense liquid. After a moment though, Lineir calmly assessed his situation and grinned.

"Make sure I can breath!"

Then he jogged back from the edge.

"What are you doing? I told you, you need to find something to counterbalance your weight first! Do you want the sects to find you floating *** up and spank you?"

With a great huff, he began running,

"No time for that, just make sure I can breath. By the way, I have to admit, you really are more than just a regular immortal sword, you're quite heavy!"

"At this time, you can still crack jokes huh? Never mind that, are you suggesting I'm fat!" An outraged voice thundered through his mind. Lineir smirked,

"No, among swords I quite like your thinness, aesthetically I think you have a great look! But Great One, you forget, you yourself would make a great weight!"

Lineir lunged into air. As he came down into the center of the filthy black pool, he stabbed himself in the fleshy part of his left calf, where there were no vital parts. Bogged down by the sword he sunk as a stone would into the lake and waited for the pain the sword promised.