Chapter 160-To Die With Someone

Whew just turned 23 an hour ago. Been working remotely till midnight some nights this week so haven't had any time to write T_T; Thanks Kirakatana, I read your comment and it means a lot to me that I can capture your imagination ;p

Whump!! Whump Whump Whump!!!

Tentacles began to flail from everywhere! The world devolved into a chaotic melee which Yu and Lineir were tossed into as Dan and Xi escaped off into the distance pursuing De and Ting!

Shing! Flutter

Lineir and Yu struck off the holy light mark which Dan had secreted on their bodies. But the damage was already done. The Cloudsoul Necromorph had already summoned a huge number of tentacles to battle them. 

Whump!!

Lineir rolled in the sky kicking off the white hand of a corpse's arm suspended in the strange jello of a tentacle. He felt the crunch of the bone and watched the skeleton sail off and slam into the ground. Yu stayed close to him. If they got separated amidst the melee they would never be able to rejoin again!

"Lineir! We need to break out now. Every second we waste..." Yu's face was grim as he flipped around, slicing off reaching skeletal claws and dodging the black lashing shapes all around.

"I know! But how?! Even my strongest attack is useless against this many enemies!" Lineir said even though they were technically only fighting one "enemy". However, each of the tentacle's acted of its own accord. They had some coordination but otherwise were like separate enemies. This was fortunate. If they had been fighting in coordination they would have been far more difficult to resist!

"I'm going to blow them away. Stay in close to me. We are catching up no matter the cost!" A handful of black orbs were scattered on the wind!

Release!!

Boom Boom Boom!

Yu rushed forward and Lineir dived through the sudden gap in the tentacles as well. However, the smoking hole in the many flailing appendages closed up extremely quickly! Lineir extended a hand, his eye's gleaming with red Madness!

Flash

There was a brief flicker of rain and a red flash and Yu blinked as he realized that he and Lineir were suddenly past the tentacles! They closed up behind them, still seeking a nonexistent prey. Lineir panted as he felt a significant portion of his Qi drain away as well as a distinct mental drain.

"Come on! I swore a life or death oath with you and Ting. We need to get her back, De as well!" He said and Yu was taken aback. 

"Hehe...the determination of a true friend!" He muttered as they flew forward, following the direction Dan and Xi had went. This continued for several tense minutes. The minutes dragged on into hours. And then...

"Guys..." A faint voice drifted up to the determined Yu and Lineir in the sky. It was De on the ground. He was lying amidst the rubble, seemingly without the energy to move. Ting was nowhere to be seen. He struggled to rise but fell back as the two landed next to him. Lineir looked on in concern but Yu however-

"WHERE IS TING!" He screamed into De's face. De could barely sit up. The curse mark over his severed arm had spread almost to his head and his flesh was rapidly being consumed in purple as it became obvious Dan had released the seal keeping it in place. It emitted a rancid odor as if De was almost dead.

"I'm sorry captain!" He said as he tried to stay upright. However, after a split second he keeled over. He said with muffled words, his face pressing into his own legs,

"Dan and Xi took her. I couldn't do anything! When I tried to resist them Dan released the seal on my curse. It's spreading too fast. I won't make it back. Take my spatial ring. There aren't any good treasures in them but I hope you can return it to my family." He said through clenched teeth. Lineir grabbed him by the shoulder and propped him up on some rubble. De's face was full of pain and it became clear he was in agony. Yu breathing heavily realized he had gone overboard. Slumping down he clenched his fists as Lineir watched with a solemn expression.

"I'm sorry De. I just...I knew there was a traitor but I didn't think there would be two! Goddamit and now Ting...give me the ring. Try to hold on. If I can find those damn bastards maybe I can choke the antidote from him before I kill him." Yu said. De coughed violently for a second, Lineir stabilizing his torso with his hands. After,

"Wait Yu...there's more." He breathed deeply struggling to draw a full breath.

Hah...Hah..Finally,

"I overheard something from them as they left. They didn't expect you guys to escape the Cloudsoul Necromorph for a long time. They were careless next to a dead man like me. They said something about poisoning the root of the stone. You know...what that sounds like?" De barely finished his question before breaking into more hacking coughs. Yu was thoughtful. He said,

"There's only one meaning to that, but it should be impossible. However...if they are aligned with the Hells there is a chance it is what you think! The amount of planning this would take...damnit! They mean to release the suppression of the Pillar over the Hells and create a Hellhole! However...as far as I know, there are few poisons strong enough. None should be possessed by anyone at our level. Damnit, damnit, damnit, this is way beyond our level! We need help! Lineir, get out of here. Trace our steps back to Nithos and report this to the Higher Ups though they probably already know. The mission is a failure, there's no point in you staying here anymore. It is about to get way too dangerous here!" Yu's face scrunched up as he considered the truth. At this point there was little chance of him rescuing Ting, even with Lineir so he wanted to save this genius of the Human race. He failed to anticipate the stubbornness of a wandering cultivator however.

"No. I said we are life and death brothers. Ting is also my senior sister. My life is my own, I will follow you down to the Hells themselves!" Lineir clapped a hand on Yu's shoulder and stared into his eyes. His serious expression must have reignited the flames in the defeated man. His blue eyes opened wide as tears poured out. With a scrunched up face Yu locked his hand on Lineir's shoulder,

"I shouldn't be letting you do this. The Higher Ups would never allow me to risk your life for a personal vendetta...and I will do my best to save you at all costs, but damnit brother let's go!" Yu acquiesced and the two living men headed out, leaving De behind. Hopefully they would return with the antidote for his curse mark but De's eyes were not hopeful. He could only murmur in their absence,

"Aish...I wish I could die with them."

His eyes slowly closed...