Chapter 105-Trapped

Welcome to Darknebulous, unmasked, greatkingdom, janjan, Cassandra, and zzzwinters!

"Senior Bladelord! I have done as you've asked, please teleport us out!" He yelled. However....there was no answer!

"Senior Bladelord! Please!" Lineir cried out as loud as he could but he was unable to get a response! He even asked Mizuchi and Mei to try to use their superior Divine Sense's to contact the Bladelord but to no avail.

"Crap...this is bad. Either he abandoned me, which seems unlikely, or something happened up above. I need to see what's going on up there. Besides, this pit will not be around for much longer. Anyone still down here when it crumbles will be trapped." Lineir immediately raised his phoenix wings and shot upwards as if he was a firebird trying to leave its nest.

WHOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

As he ascended large chunks of the Hellhole began to crumble off the sides of the pit and fall down. Numerous demons on the walls were also cast off. He heard the strange voice in his head,

"Noooo!!! Human how dare you leave me!" It cried but soon faded away as Lineir neared the surface. When Lineir neared the top he cautiously approached the rim of the Hellhole. There were countless demons swarming over the edge frantically trying to escape the collapse. However...Dahn's Blade Domain was still chopping them to bits and containing them. The Bladelord himself however...was nowhere to be seen.

"Shoot...now what do I do? I'm not capable of interdimensional travel yet. Where the heck can I go?" Lineir thought.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

A vast explosion came as the sky suddenly detonated into myriad lights and Dahn's purple sealing curtain was disrupted. From the hole came a host of Imperial Cohorts and numerous Heavenly Angels. Suddenly Mizuchi cursed,

"Damn, there was a scouting party close by. The Imperial Army must be closer than we thought...ehhh actually that's not bad."

Lineir listening carefully asked,

"What did you say?" He asked but Mizuchi fell silent. A second later there was a welcome voice in Lineir's head.

"Kid. I had a bit more trouble than I expected chasing down that silver worm. I see you took out the transfer formation. Nice work but I'm afraid I can't extract you without raising questions from that advance group of Imperials. There's only one place that will escape their view...the inside of the Hellhole. Get to the bottom as deep as you can and I'll create a diversion on the other side of the planet. While they investigate that I'll just teleport you out and they'll be none the wiser."

Dahn's almost petulant voice sounded like an angel to the lost Lineir. He took one look down at the rapidly collapsing Hellhole and sighed.

"Down we go...." And plunged down for the second time today!

Quickly descending, Lineir fled from the Imperial Cohorts above before they could see him. Regardless, why would they pay any attention to a nobody like him when there were so many demons spewing out of the Hellhole?

"Spread out! Someone destroyed a Heavenly Writ on this planet not long ago! Find the perpetrator and bring him to me! If we can find him before the main army arrives we will have contributed a great merit!" An angelic voice commanded when suddenly there was a large explosion in the distance. Dahn's Blade Domain had mysteriously vanished when the angels had descended and the demons were running everywhere and running amok.

BOOOOOM!!!

"On the other side of the planet! Go go go!" An angel said and Lineir soon lost track of the conversation as he went deeper into the Hellhole. At this point the walls were finally starting to get sparser as any demons on it had either made their way out to freedom or had been flung off by the collapsing Hellhole into the abyss.

"You human!!!! Release me at once!" The voice was back. Lineir sighed. He had no choice but to go closer to it, the deepest point in the entire pit was the lava lake. He dove in and noticed that while the rest of the pit was collapsing quickly, the massive sword in the golden lava was only cracking slowly. It's rate of decay was far less than the rest of the pit. As giant boulders flew down from above Lineir swam deeper into the pool of magma, increasing his protective flame Qi to the maximum. Though this magma was not imbued with Qi and thus was easy to displace, it was still extremely hot and even Lineir felt rather uncomfortable and ill at ease in its golden depths.

"Hah! You see? I am no demon! Release me quickly and I will protect you from the Hellhole's collapse!" The imperious voice called and Lineir stared down as he neared the bottom of the lava lake. He wasn't entirely sure what he expected to see, maybe some chained demon or evil thing. However... what he saw instead was something entirely different!

"Dragon??!!!!!" Lineir gasped as coiled around the massive sword in the middle of the lake was a dragon, many times more vast and majestic than the dragonkin girl he had once met. The dragon's proud red scales gleamed even in the golden lava but...there was one issue. A good portion of the dragon's back had been smushed by the massive sword and while he attempted to coil his tail around the pillar-like sword, he could only helplessly scrabble beneath it.

"What the heck happened to you?" Lineir could not help but ask and the dragon roared in the magma, a little breathlessly if truth be told.

"I told you! I was feeding on the lava here when some idiot tossed a sealing sword down on me. I've been stuck down here so long my descendants are probably all dead! Hurry up and release me or we will be buried in this Hellhole until the end of time!" The dragon beamed into Lineir's mind with great urgency. But Lineir was rather unmoved.

"I've dealt with your kind before. I don't trust you, who's to say you'll keep your word if I release you. Besides, I have another way out. Any second now." Of course, as Lineir said that the seconds dragged into minutes and as the boulders started to fall into the lava lake with frightening frequency there was still no word from the Bladelord.