Chapter 172-The Superpowers Appear

Hi guys, sorry for leaving you on a cliff for so long. But I needed to recharge my batteries. Realized how down I was and am considering some changes in my life but I hope to make a good push to Chapter 200.

"Arrgh!" He cried out, his eyes still open as he tried to see through the endless Darkness, hoping to see....something...anything. But in the end there was nothing. He screamed out in the end, unwilling to believe the inevitable truth. His master was no longer with him,

"NOOOOOOO!"

However reality was truly merciless...

*********************

"Mei!!!" Lineir was relentlessly forced out of the Hells. He could feel the black blade in his heart, but the black haze which had covered his body had faded away along with his last sight of his master. "No!" He refused to believe what he had seen. However, his mind was unable to deny the simple fact. The black blade was devoid of presence and for the first time in years he was truly alone.

"Junior brother!" A warm voice called out in astonishment. A rough hand filled with the joy of life scooped him up. It was the Solar Martial God. "You actually made it! And you've even sealed the Hellhole as well? Well done!" His praised fell on deaf ears however. Lineir was instead frantic as the Solar Martial God drew him farther and farther away from the Hellhole,

"Senior Brother! Please we must return quickly! Someone of utmost importance to me is still trapped down there! With your power we may yet save her!" He begged but the Solar Martial God just frowned, unable to comply.

"Someone of utmost importance...in the Hells no less you say? I would help if I could but the situation up here is still critical. We need to evacuate the area immediately. You temporarily distracted the Poison and Flame Kings by disrupting the Hellhole which allowed me a window to break free, but we are still in grave danger. I am afraid there is absolutely no opportunity to conduct a rescue mission...if there was indeed even anyone still alive down there." He said, and Lineir realized that the Poison and Flame Kings had reappeared some couple hundred meters away. They were readying their weapons to launch a new assault on the lone avatar of the Solar Martial God!

"But Senior..." He tried to come up with an argument but could not. Red tears fell out of his eyes. The situation was untenable. "Let me go then. I will do it myself."

"What? Out of the question! You wouldn't stand a chance down there. I can still faintly detect the presence of two other Kings close to the surface down there. No, I think it best you stay here with me. The distraction has allowed our side to respond to this unforgivable aggression." The Solar Martial God hung onto Lineir with an iron fist and Lineir howled as he struggled but was unable to break free by even the slightest amount.

"DAMNIT!"

"Solar Martial God...you are cunning indeed. I never expected you to find a way to allow a junior to close the Hellhole. Nevertheless, your situation has not really changed. Your avatar cannot hold on against the two of us. We shall be claiming some of your soul today. As for your junior...he will make for interesting study. I have heard The Mortal King has been looking for a new corpse doll. Perhaps I will gift him one today." The Poison King had a winning smile on his face. The Flame King rolled a ball of flame from palm to palm. With every roll it grew more and more bright.

"Hehe, I wanted to fight the real deal, but I must admit, there is still some distance between a God of your caliber and a Diminished King such as myself. Who knows though, when next we meet up here in the free air, I may have absorbed enough Qi to challenge you directly!" The Flame King was grinning. His newfound freedom was intoxicating. A second later his expression turned sour. "What's this...your side is reacting? But who could reach here so soon? We tied down every one of your chess pieces! Who? Who is this?? Solar Martial God WHO did you call?" He roared.

"You have trespassed and broken the agreement. Don't act surprised that punishment has come little King." The voice boomed in everyone's head and the Poison and Flame King's eyes turned wide as the Solar Martial God's avatar smiled winningly. Lineir who was pressed to his side in the air, recognized the familiar voice. The Flame and Poison Kings were suddenly no longer confident,

"So you have come personally...Lord of the Necropolis!" The Poison and Flame Kings cried out at the same time.

"Don't flatter yourselves. There is no need for my true body to come. Leave immediately and I may consider lessening the punishment out of respect for your betters." The Lord of the Necropolis's voice was authority embodied. And it was enraged!

"If you interfere, our higher ups will also intervene!" The two Kings immediately countered. However...the Lord of the Necropolis did not care!

"You should have thought of that...before slaying a junior of our side. There can be only recourse for one who was once human but aided the Hells. Your dog life is forfeit traitor!" The voice declared its decision and the Poison King immediately paled.

"Wait! Wait! Senior, let us not be hasty-"

Peng! Peng! Peng! Peng! Peng! Peng! Peng!

An overwhelming number of purple runes appeared around the Poison King interrupting him. He quickly raised a wall of poison around him trying to slow the runes which rapidly sealed him in a bubble much the same way he had sealed Ting and Lineir earlier. The Flame King dove away from the trapped Poison King, realizing that if he stayed near his life would be ended as well!

Boom!!

It was over in an instant. The Poison King had disappeared. The purple runes also vanished. All that was left was a puddle of vicious green poison which splashed down from the sky. It liquefied and oozed into the ground, the Poison King, a terrifying existence was no more!

"As for you..." The voice continued and the Flame King felt a terrible apprehension as his newfound freedom suddenly didn't feel so sweet anymore. Would he die here so suddenly after finding freedom?

Ting Ting Ting

Strange ice crystals formed around the Flame King who sighed in rapid relief. Another voice with a subdued tone came into everyone's minds,

"Isn't that enough Lord. You can punish your own, but Little Flame has entered the mortal realm through a legitimate portal. As one of mine, I can't let you walk over him. He has committed no crime, his battle against the Solar Martial God is that of equals, if anything your side was stronger. If you still insist...I can come out personally." This new voice was strong. There was a tense moment as both sides considered. Finally, the Lord of the Necropolis replied to the mysterious newcomer,

"You are correct. But if he breaks even a single accord, all that awaits him is death. It has been a long time and the Hells sure have grown bold. Do not forget why it is that we are up here and you are down there." The Lord's voice faded away as the tense atmosphere finally showed signs of ending.

"Haha...no need to remind me. We shall see if that is the case for much longer...until that day...Lord..." The mysterious new voice faded away and the world returned to normal as the superpowers agreed to back off. All that was left was a rapidly disintegrating poisonous hole in the ground, a collapsed Hellhole, and the King, God, and youth in the sky above.

"So...Solar Martial God, I suppose I shall have to bid you adieu here. We shall meet again soon." The Flame King turned into a whirlpool of flame and disappeared. The Solar Martial God held onto Lineir who was still looking at the collapsed Hellhole.

"You've done us a great service Junior Brother. Even if there were many sacrifices, in the grand scheme of things you must understand that today was a win. I'll bring you back to your home realm to recover now." He said quietly and ripped open a hole in space with Mizuchi. Stepping through the tear and bringing the slumped Lineir along with him, he wondered if the plan had been a good idea...

*************************