Chapter 104-Mission Accomplished

Welcome to Jazmine and PatriarchBloodDemon. Trying to figure out where to bring the story next so hold tight guys. Might be a bit. And thanks for commenting guys, always encouraging to hear people enjoying the story.

"Not good! This is an illusion formation!"

Lineir looked at the ground and the body of the archer had disappeared! It was an illusory figure which had never really existed to begin with!

"Interesting. I wonder if that demon actually divined that I am not one of their race, or if the illusion just automatically showed me that as one of my fears." Lineir thought. But regardless whoever has trapped me has fatally miscalculated!

Swish!

There was a whisper of robes and a hooded figure appeared in the corner of Lineir's eye. This hooded figure, despite appearing to be trying to be stealthy was actually moving in such a way as to attract Lineir's focus as much as possible. Suddenly another stealthy hooded figure appeared on his right. Then another and another until there were hundreds of hooded figures. However...unlike most cultivators caught in such an intense illusion Lineir did not so much as twitch a muscle. He cocked his head as if listening, his eyes staring straight ahead.

"Phantoms? Hahaha I was worried for a moment. But it seems The Nine Paths cannot be swayed by falsehood. In front of my eyes...you might as well be naked!" Lineir said and suddenly dashed diagonally towards a distant rock! The demon hiding behind the rock, resembled a venus fly trap with arms and eyes panicked.

"How does he know? He can see past my Bewitching Scent technique so easily?" He cried. However, it was already far too late. This demon had chosen the wrong target this time. To say nothing of Mei's powerful Divine Sense which could help Lineir detect that he was in an illusion formation, Lineir possessed the red eyes of Madness! Once activated in the hellish red world he saw all illusions and lies were revealed for what they were! Lineir could faintly see the red outline of the demon hiding behind the rock and easily ignored the phantoms! Unless their cultivation bases greatly differed Lineir feared no illusion based cultivator!

"Die!"

Puchi

The venomous fly trap shaped demon was pierced through the center by Lineir's sword and let out a shrill shriek as it died. Before its soul could dissipate Lineir had Mizuchi soul search it!

"Why...Kaaaaak"

Fwip

Lineir pulled out his sword and shook off the green blood. An illusion user exposed was easy prey for a close combat assassin type like Lineir. He quickly escaped from the area.

"The center of the pit is that way. Hurry up I want to go back to sleep." Mizuchi suddenly mentally tugged on Lineir's mind and he felt himself compelled to head in the direction she wanted. Lineir sighed. She was acting as if this wasn't a big deal or that it decided the fate of an entire planet. However, he trusted that the information was accurate and went that way. Regardless, the ground continued to grow hotter so he suspected he was getting close.

"You....." Suddenly a voice came seemingly on the wind though there wasn't really any wind in the Hellhole.

"What?" Lineir said out loud however neither Mizuchi nor Mei admitted to saying anything. Eventually he dismissed it but when it came again Lineir began to question whether or not he had been entrapped in another illusion formation.

"Come here...." The voice whispered and Lineir shuddered. Unfortunately...faint as it was, Lineir could tell that by going towards the center of the Hellhole, he was also going closer to the voice.