Chapter 112-Star Stream Lake

Lol literally on the run all day. No time to write urrrrgh

"Kiddo!! I sense a strong presence coming rapidly from below! You might want to reconsider this!" Mei suddenly sounded the alarm and Lineir instantly dug his heels into the ice and stopped his charge.

"What? I thought you said there were nothing but mortals ahead?" He said as he made some snap calculations in his head. 

"My Divine Sense is significantly hindered in the Higher Realms. It will take me some time to adjust and unless it's an extremely strong target who is not making any consideration for stealth I may not detect them in time! Remember your fleeing speed is also significantly hindered! Even if I alert you unlike the mortal realms the precious few seconds I can give you may not be enough to escape." 

"How strong is this presence?" He asked. 

"Strong enough to threaten your defenses. This is definitely some sort of divine creature. I suspect its bloodline is fairly weak, you should be able to beat it. But even so there is some risk and you are in its home territory. You should exercise caution. I think you should avoid this risk kiddo. The path of cultivation is long and the more risks like this you take the more chance you will get unlucky! Remember it only takes one spot of bad luck to end your path forever!"

However despite Mei's warning Lineir started walking forward again. He hardened his heart and decided to take this risk, against his better judgement.

"I already decided to investigate. It would affect my Third Heart to waver here. Furthermore, you said that I should be able to beat it. Like you said, this is the Higher Realms. If I do not use such a good opportunity to gauge my strength then will I get the chance?" Lineir said and Mei had to sigh. This disciple of hers. For a second she had almost thought he was going to say something heroic. However all he was truly thinking of was still growing stronger!

"Just remember kiddo... too much greed will bring you down eventually. Just look what happened to your master..." She hung her head inside the sword. Suddenly she remembered those grand times of old where she too would burn with the passion of youth and feel the pinch of risking it all! If only she still had her body....

Shuuuaaaaaaa Shua Shua

The chilling wind whistled past Lineir's frozen eartips. He failed to catch the wistful longing in Mei's voice as he himself experienced the feeling of being cold for the first time in quite a while.

"Ahhhh how refreshing." He whispered to himself quietly as he approached the source of the screams. "Hopefully I'm not too late..."

Crack!

The huge paw of the Cold Heart Bear, a tier 8 beast native to this particular territory, swiped the ice on top of the lake smashing straight through and causing half meter long shards to fly everywhere!

Sssssssssssssshhhhh

The air hissed as the infinitely sharp shards shot towards the two sisters who had barely managed to dodge the ferocious two meter wide paw of the Cold Heart Bear's swipe.

"Ahhhhhhh!!!"  They screamed and the older sister, a fair faced girl of about 17-18 instinctively clenched her younger sister and turned her head away from the shards, shielding her with her body. Of course, considering both the sister's clothing was simply mortal clothing with no defensive properties at all, and neither was a cultivator...the results need not be imagined when the ice shards hit!

Puchi!

A bright red flower blossomed in the sky as the older sister felt a burning invade her shoulder and spread through her torso. Tucked into her arms she heard her little sister let out a scream,