Chapter 168-The First Lesson Between Master and Disciple!!

He stared blurrily at the cave entrance which was suddenly much farther away than before, frantically blinking his eyes to see what hit him. There was a flicker of movement and he instinctively crossed the bone scythes in front of his body.

CRACK!!! CRACK!!!

"Argh..." He moaned weakly, blood falling from his elbows as the bone scythes shattered into countless fragments which stabbed into his own chest.

Badump Badump Badump Badump Badump

He felt his heart close to bursting. Fire burned inside his blood, the remnant medicinal pills in his system tried to repair the damage automatically. Given a second his vision cleared and he finally saw his attacker for the first time. In the cave entranceway, countless demons lay dead or dying. Some were from Lineir's onslaught, however many others were not. They had been brutally smashed out of the way by a single fatal blow. If their bodies had not been in the way perhaps Lineir would already be dead by now.

"Well...that IS unexpected. You are tough little human invader. I almost regret damaging your body so much. I would have enjoyed studying it in its original form." A black robed man appeared in the entrance. His appearance was halfway between a youth and a grown adult, however he had a wicked sternness about him which suggested he was not who he seemed. A dark purple crown was upon his head and his smile...was filled with rotting flesh and bone. He was a lich. More than that...he was a king!

"Divine Realm? Still alive after suffering two blows from myself. If the others were to hear that the Mortal King failed to kill a Divine Realm brat I wonder what they would think my lifetime of cultivation amounted to?" The Mortal King grimaced as he raised a clawlike hand with disdain. It was completely bony, the skin stretched tight like that of an ancient corpse. However he was filled with an unnatural aura of life. Life from death the way of the Undead!

"You... Nithos...prince...you were alive?" Lineir grunted, a suspicion forming into his mind as he somehow...arduously...agonizingly... stood up. The Mortal King cocked his skull. His eyes were sunken in yet all too visible for they glowed like emeralds in the night. His penetrating gaze could freeze even kings or emperors and make them defecate on the spot. "Two incense sticks of time left."

"Ahh. It's good to know they still tell my story all these centuries later. How nostalgic. Yes little boy, I was once Demuir, second in line to the Throne of Nithos!" He grinned, the taut flesh cracking in places. The price of his immortality it would seem...was eternal torment! An endlessly living body was also an endlessly rotting body!

"The Heavens will smite you." Lineir coughed out bits of bone as he found the black blade stuck in the cave wall. He yanked it out. The lich began to laugh,

"Hahahah! The Heavens have already smited me once. What happened? I showed them what their Divine "Bloodline" really amounted to! Nothing! Just rot like the rest of us! They bleed just like we do! Instead it was I...Demuir...nay the Mortal King who survived the ages!" The skeletal figure clenched his fists and spoke with an iron resolve. However, despite Lineir's efforts to keep its attention, its eyes eventually found the gently glowing pale blue chrysalis. "Well, well, well what's this?"

"No!" Lineir groaned not caring about the pain or the cloudy fatigue invading his mind he dragged his body forwards. His Undead Heart beating in overload! "Must...not let him touch..MASTER!!"

Thump. Thump...Thump......

"A mature Flame Heart Lotus? And what's more...it's turned blue and there's something inside. What is it you don't want me to see boy?" The lich was reaching out towards the chrysalis which was pulsating like it had a heartbeat. Lineir was contemptuously swatted aside like a fly.