Chapter 191-Destroying the Square

Hereditary was pretty good! Inbetween moving apartments right now, hope everyone's doing well! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting as usual!

"Mmm this is the only teleportation square on the planet. Hehehe if that's the case.." Xiao Gui said with a strange light in her eyes. Lineir looked curiously at her as well as the square taking it in. There were many cultivators here, most were hooded and scurried this way and that without stopping to talk or socialize. There was a repressive atmosphere which spoke of backroom dealings and the evil arts. The buildings here were built out of darker purple stone which seemed to hold a wraithlike aura. Perhaps the souls of mortals had been used in their construction. Numerous dark Chinese looking pagodas littered the land which was actually quite dry and arid like the desert. 

"What?" Lineir said but his eyes widened as Xiao Gui's expression turned from her usual absentmindedness to a wicked gleam!

"Well, if this is the only teleportation square on the planet then we might as well destroy it so I don't have to go chasing anyone!" She raised her leg and a terrifying pressure blasted out which made Lineir grimace.

"She's not planning on.." He didn't even have time to say anything about the need for stealth and such before a thunderous stamp cracked formation square like a hammer on fragile glass!

KRAAAAAACK!!!

The square shattered into thousands of fragments! Instantly numerous purple robed guards with the Netherworld Refinement Sect's emblem on their chest rushed from their stations to meet them! However while the supervisor displayed immense rage, several of the lower level grunts at the Divine Realm immediately felt a great unease spread. The teleportation  formation had been utterly destroyed in one blow with no warning! If that had been them instead of the formation...

"CRIMINALS! HOW DARE YOU DESTROY OUR SECT'S TELEPORTATION FORMATION!" The supervisor bellowed. He raised a large warhammer,

"Fellow disciples! Let us apprehend these intruders and bring them to the elder's for punishment!" He was expecting dozens of his fellow guards to attack but instead there was absolute silence. As a matter of fact...the supervisor soon realized that he was the furthest one forward. All the other guards were in fact backing off slowly,

"Uhhh boss? She broke the teleportation formation so easily. She's definitely not a Divine Realm cultivator. Don't you think we should report this to HQ first to see how to deal with this?" Someone finally informed the supervisor who grunted as sweat began to gather on the back of his neck. Now that he thought of it...one hit to destroy the formation...he was only Initial Celestial Realm and he was certain that he definitely would have no chance of doing something like that.

"On second thought...yea that's a great idea Yaci. Let's go!" He was going to turn and leave when a calm voice broke through,

"No need to report. I'll be sure to let your bosses know your formation is broken before they die. Actually, why don't you save me the trouble of telling them and go on ahead into the afterlife? You can meet them there and tell them then!" Xiao Gui's domineering voice was incredibly enraging to the supervisor. Out of pure reflex he tried to respond,

"Do you know who you're messin-ARRRRRGH!" A strong blast of sword intent swept out which shattered windows and cracked walls. Lineir, who was merely nearby and not even being targeted, still felt great pressure on his body. This was different from when he had clashed with the enigmatic girl at the Midnight Pond. There, she had withheld her presence as he was only a Late Divine Realm cultivator and she didn't wish to disturb the tranquility. However, now that she had been unleashed no one could stop her!

"Blade of Midnight, clear my way!" Xiao Gui shouted as she finally let her sword run wild! A single slash which contained a a rampaging presence like a dragon!

Midnight Slash!

The air became as water being split before a rising dragon! The void opened up and everything was split aside and then sucked back in by the displacement!

VROOOOOOM!

Buildings were sundered and split and cultivators were tossed out of the way as the voidlike slash smashed through! It traveled all the way to the Netherworld Refinement Sect's Palace before crashing into a Defensive Array which flared up and exploded!

BOOOOOOOM!

The grunts who had been scattered, some blasted several kilometers away could only count themselves lucky if they had lived. Most of them began to quickly run as far away as possible! The supervisor, who had been directly in front of the blast was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he had been directly destroyed or even sucked into the void.

"Holy!" Lineir uncrossed his arms which had instinctively drawn the shattered bone scythes to shield his face. Fortunately he had resisted the urge to activate his Madness Eyes, more from the fact that he was too shocked to react. "What realm are you?"

Xiao Gui sheathed her blade while stepping forward into the sky,

"After my long sleep I still have a long ways to go before understanding all I saw in that dreamworld. However, right now my cultivation is at the Late Celestial Saint Realm. Another step and I will enter the Initial Empyrean Realm." She sighed however as her expression darkened, "Unfortunately I still have a long way to go before reaching the power I need. I hope you brought me to a place with good opponents."

Soon a swarm of Divine Realm Cultivators led by Celestial Realm Captains ascended to the skies! At their head was someone who Lineir could sense had exceeded the Celestial Realm! This was a Celestial King! Wearing deep red robes, the ancient elder put out a hand as if holding back the wind and rain,

"Halt! I am a Supervisory Elder of the Netherworld Refinement Sect! Are you the one who attacked our Grand Defensive Formation right  now? You know the penalty for such an offense on our planet is death!" The Supervisory Elder was squinting. The two approaching the palace were walking through what was left of the city. All the buildings in the way had had their tops blown off as if a massive tsunami had ran through the sky and swept away the roofs! Very clearly one of the cultivators was only Initial Divine Realm but the other one...he realized with great fear that he couldn't sense her realm! To be clear, this elder was one of the top officials of the entire Sect. He could even sense the cultivation of the founder but this girl was a complete mystery!

"Calm down...how many years have you lived? Obviously she's using a secret technique to mask her strength. Our Sect might have committed many immoral acts in the past but with have always taken great care to avoid provoking those we shouldn't. There's no way she's that powerful." The elder gulped as he steeled himself. Suddenly several strong auras all the Initial Celestial King Realm appeared!

"Elder Jiu! What is the ruckus? Has some idiot come to our world to make trouble?"