Chapter 127-Punching the Heavens!

"Watch out!" Mei cried and Lineir looked up to see a new Tribulation Storm brewing in the hole in the sky the phantom dragon slash had torn out. He called out with a broken voice,

"Hello? Madness, Madraeyal, whoever you are?" However there was no answer. The clouds swirled into existence with a speed which would have defied the Heavens had it been anyone but the Heavens themselves!

CHI-CHI-CHIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Crap." Lineir's eyes widened as the storm clouds began to teem with bounding arcs of lightning. Soon they would launch one final second attack! Perhaps it had something to do with Lineir not truly having faced the Tribulation on his own, or perhaps the Heavens were simply envious, it did not matter! All that mattered was that his body was a crumbling wreck of bones which was only held together by frozen blood and bones. To face a blast of Tribulation Lightning in this state? Even with the sword to divert the lightning, the residual blast alone would destroy him!

"Open your eyes."

A whisper passed through his mind and on top of his eyes redness encroached on the corners. The Madness was tempting him, calling him! Lineir quickly gave in and activated his Madness Eyes and gasped as the world dropped away in a way which was both familiar and yet completely beyond anything he had experienced before.

"Whooaaaa..." He uttered as in front of his eyes infinite possibilities and chances stretched out and then back in an endless circle. The storm clouds suddenly did not seem threatening at all anymore. In his eyes, the dark and ominous Tribulation Clouds now appeared Heavenly white and imposing, the lightning resembled the fingers of the Celestial Court reaching down to seize him and strangle him. He looked down through endless seas of red Madness and saw his own destroyed body. In the Madness world, his body was simply like a puddle of crimson energy. It swirled around his Second Heart like the nebulae which surround planets, endless streams of energy bound by a central core. With his Madness Eyes he saw the nameless sword in his hand and it appeared to be pure black. Just an endless void which nothing could emerge from in the shape of a sword.

"Now do you understand Redemption?"

The voice answered and faded away and Lineir realized that he had kind of understood what the voice meant and why he had not noticed any of the effects of redemption before.

"I see. Redemption is not any sort of offensive power, it is not like Madness which will always be with me. Hence why I could never understand it before with my mindset. Redemption is a second chance, if one understands it perhaps they can even reincarnate at will. However, my understanding is puny and I am unable to activate it at this level. But I can sense that whoever used my body to destroy the original Tribulation was showing me something. And that presence left me a gift as well."

Lineir closed his eyes casting his gaze away from the Heavens. Redemption was not something to be obtained from the Heavens when one was a cultivator who walked The Nine Paths of Asura! Redemption was something given from others and oneself!

CRAaaaaaaaaaaack!

As he realized this his entire body fell away into ash and all that was left was two blades which stabbed down into the courtyard ground. These two blades were the nameless blade and Mizuchi, one black with yellow lightning and another a weeping icy blue.

"Did that young man finally die? I don't believe it. I've never seen a cultivator in all my years with such an enigmatic path." The Estate Spirit barely dared to sigh as he saw Lineir crumble into ash and fade away on the wind.

"Hmm? The Tribulation Clouds are not leaving??"

Chi-Chi-Chii......

After Lineir's body disintegrated, the Tribulation Clouds held steady over the location. The charging lightning did not dissipate but instead continued to arc and jump between cloud after cloud as if waiting for something.

"Hahahaha! This feels great!" Suddenly a red Madness Rain Domain enveloped the space around the two swords planted in the dirt. Drops of Madness Rain began to fall as if watering the planted swords. From the nameless blade tendrils of black blood flowed out and ash particles appeared from the air which formed into a hand. The hand grew out of the blade and then became an entire arm. From the arm came a chest and then another arm. From the chest came a head and two legs. A dark black robe swirled into existence as Lineir emerged fully formed from the nameless blade.

"I see, so it was like that! Today, I may not be able to perform such a trick again, but one day...I will be able to reform without assistance!" He cackled in exhilaration as the Tribulation Clouds, as if offended by his existence, shot down a murderous salvo.

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lineir paid the descending Tribulation Lightning no mind, not even looking up. He instead looked down at his hands and the two blades in the ground. He drew them both out and sheathed them on his back. Then he flexed his hands into fists.

"My lonely existence, the path of cultivation, today I have learned something which you Heavens can never understand. I have learned why I struggle and where true Redemption comes from. I will never rely on you to dictate my fate again! What right do you have to talk when you are so far away and I am down here in the dirt! How about I come up to your level and show YOU what I think!" He crouched down as the Lightning came closer,

1000 meters....800 meters....500 meters....

Then he launched himself up without drawing his blades but instead drawing back his bare fists which became surrounded by Darkness and Lightning of his own. He prepared himself as he ascended into the sky like a meteor falling in reverse! This meteor would not smite the mortal earth but the villainous Heavens!

WHOOOOOSH!

His Phoenix Wings unfurled as his momentum slowed and he continued to shoot up to meet the Tribulation Lightning with unprecedented speed! His eyes gleaming pure murderous red with Madness and his body reforged by Redemption, he unleashed a punch with all his convictions, all his knowledge of the Dao, and all the power he had within to shut the grumbling Heavens up!

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO DICTATE WHETHER I CAN OR CANNOT BREAK THROUGH??!!!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

The thunderous Lightning Law filled fist met the Heavens and brought the Tribulation Lightning of the Heavens into Darkness Laws, consuming it utterly. From outside the planet, in space, Dahn teleported into orbit and rapidly formed a seal with his Nine Blades. The entire space around the whole planet suddenly froze and cracked while the Tribulation Lightning was being devoured by Lineir's punch. Dahn did not unseal the space until the Tribulation Lightning was well and truly defeated and gone. As the skies of the planet swirled in chaos from the Heavenly forces Dahn sighed in relief,

"Whew...this idiot almost alerted the Heavens to his existence. He must be mad to challenge the Heavens with their most feared foe's techniques. If I hadn't arrived and sealed this planet off from Heaven's Eyes...he would be done for!"

Dahn's eyes grew cloudy as he stared off into the void of space and thought back to the old days, the old myths and legends he had heard tell of from that by gone age long ago. Slowly a smile crept across his face as he ruefully shrugged and remembered his days of massacre and defiance.

"Still...this kid...he might be an idiot. But I kind of like his style."