Chapter 151-Treacherous Eyes

So one of my problems lately has been that my wordbank has grown pretty small because I'm not reading any regular YA novels/I've been dropping a lot of my xianxia stories. Gunna pick up some books to read and try to gain some inspiration. Hopefully within the next 20 chapters or so you'll see some new words and techniques ;p

"Wake up." Dan shook Lineir's shoulder and he immediately exited meditation. "It's time to go."

Lineir rubbed his eyes as everyone else similarly got up. He remembered his watch which had been uneventful. They had camped out in the abandoned building and he had watched the exits for a while before the candle burnt out. Dan had set a concealment ward which had caused the wandering skeletons to ignore this particular apartment.

"Ahhh what a refreshing night." Ting yawned loudly tossing her raven hair over her shoulder and tying it into a ponytail. Yu accompanied her and they had a quick breakfast of food from their spacial rings. When everyone was ready they headed out the front door. However, instead of heading out into bright morning sunshine it was still pitch black night. The Death Qi was so thick in the city that the light of the sun never touched the building tops except as melancholy notes on the highest spires. Their sad song was a beautiful sight to behold if anyone was left alive to see it.

PENG!!

Flash

There was a twanging noise and a bright flash as one of Dan's protective wards lit up. A second later Yu whirled as a holy barrier in front of the entrance to the apartment. In front of the squad's shocked eyes an arrow coated in some crimsom liquid hit the barrier and shattered spraying a foul liquid upon the holy light wall.

"Ambush! Everyone out of the courtyard! Move move!" Yu yelled immediately and they filed out as he held his glowing hands at the ready to block any further attacks. Behind them, the holy light barrier shattered as the corrosive poison from the arrow ate through its Qi.

"Red poison, beware one of the Low Demon Clans is here!" 

Lineir had immediately stealthed at the first sign of combat and was attempting to move in a random direction away from the group. By purposely moving in line with the direction the arrow had come from he reasoned the archer would actually least expect him to be there! Then he activated his Madness Eyes!

"20 degrees left behind that tower!" He transmitted mentally to Yu. Immediately Yu relayed the message to everyone and seamlessly De launched a huge molten orb towards the doorway of a distant tower!

Magma Mass!

As the orb of liquid fire traveled Yu also concentrated his gravitational power on it and supercondensed it into a burning bead! When it landed on the tower door he released the Laws of Gravity and the condensed fire raged out!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!

A massive flame whirlpool devoured the huge wooden door and inside a shriek was heard as someone was hit!

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Twang Twang Twang!!

"On me!!" Dan yelled as he released a powerful defensive ward which covered the open area forming a protective box of white light. Multiple arrows struck it as the group crouched behind. 

KACHA!!!

The barrier shattered along with the arrows and everyone began to run.

"Get out! Get out now! The Undead will come for the Holy Qi!" Yu yelled as they scrambled to escape.