Chapter 130-The Race to Star Stream Lake

As always, thank you to all who read and vote and comment! In the New Year expect many new chapters! Current release schedule is 2-3 days!

"It should be about time." Lineir looked back into the icy darkness of the tunnels as if he could pierce through their walls with his cultivator eyes. A strange shimmer came as a piercing light was refracted through many kilometers of ice tunnels in a brilliant natural kaleidoscope.

KACHA KACHA KACHA

"Success!" Lineir crowed as the thousands of Lightning Qi charges he had sown with every step detonated as the soft monstrous beast sinew string he had left behind was caught by a careless elder. 

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!!

Even louder but more distant explosions sounded as the larger Lightning Slashes he had carved into several key ice pillars suddenly imploded as well and several kilometers of tunnels simultaneously collapsed. A deep roar shook the land and even far away Lineir could hear it.

"BAAAAAAASSSSSSTAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRD!!!!!!!"

Lineir's face curved into a wicked grin. He had no illusions that his traps had accomplished much. Indeed, he would be surprised if there were even any casualties as most of the force pursuing him consisted of the true force of the Jin Clan, ancestors, patriarchs, and elders. It would be a complete joke if they perished to a mere cave in. However, without the tunnels to guide them Lineir's trail would be much more difficult to follow. They would have to try to track him from the surface which would obscure his tracks, or tunnel through the collapsed rubble which would be an arduous process considering a fair amount of the ice was Nine Yin True Ice! Lifting tons and tons of it would prove a painful task for even the strongest of their ranks.

"I've bought enough time with that I think. According to the general direction of this tunnel I'm not far from the waterfall room." Lineir said as he disappeared down a corner.

"Kiddo, are you planning on hiding in the Proving Grounds? It should be strong enough to easily resist this aboriginal clan." Mei asked curious. However, Lineir shook his head,

"I could hide there, but I'm not scared of the Jin Clan. Just you wait, I'll deal with them without utilizing the assistance of the Estate Spirit." He said with great fervor. 

"Hahaha, I'm looking forward to it. Just remember, this is the Higher Realms kiddo. Not everything you do will always go the way you are used to. The strong are as common as clouds and the thunderstorms of Heavenly Calamities are the norm here. You will die without even leaving behind a tombstone if you are careless or just plain unlucky!" Mei warned.

Shua Shua Shua!!!

The merry trickling of babbling brooks and countless starlit streams invaded Lineir's mind once more as he shattered the peace of the perfect scene.

"It's here." He looked at the majestic and deadly shadow filled waterfall but instead of walking through, turned his gaze to the tunnel he had once came from on the advice of the Snow God's Empress. 

Swoooosh!!

He vanished down it with a speed many times that which he had come through last time.

"Kiddo... isn't this the tunnel you accidentally collapsed? Why are you going this way? It's completely flooded! Even if you have technically entered the realm of the Divine, those serpents are not something anyone below the Celestial level would be able to comfortably deal with in the water! Even those ancestors chasing you would just be fish food...!" Mei's voice trailed off as she suddenly had a sneaking suspicion about this eccentric disciple of hers.