Chapter 97-The Tyrannical Tablet

Lol I wrote this chapter out of order. Whose gonna watch the eclipse tmw?

Lineir took a fairly linear path into the jungle. Though the darkness would have been terrifyingly stifling to any mortal, there was nothing it could conceal from Lineir's cultivator's eyes, or Mei's divine sense. Regardless, despite his power, he was in foreign territory and it was unclear exactly where he was. By Mei's best guess, he had been sent to some sort of transition realm. It was a realm where the laws were slightly more restrictive or perhaps merely on par with the regular laws of a mortal realm, yet not quite the Realm of the Gods. When the array had shutdown, Lineir had been cast off somewhere in between.

Kaw Kaw Kaw

The chitter of birds and other wildlife surrounded Lineir as he entered deeper and he employed several stealth techniques such that no wildlife would ever have a chance of detecting him. There would be little chance of anyone noticing his coming until it was too late. Thus was the advantage of being a stealth based fighter. You should always have the advantage of the first strike.

"Hmmm...I sense an ominous presence permeating this forest. Yet, it seems completely devoid of threats. Indeed, only mortals would find it in the least bit dangerous. Any cultivator would not be scared of anything I've seen so far. How...oddly peaceful." After being chased and harassed by celestial beings and the senior generation at every turn, Lineir felt a little weirded out by how peaceful it was. His guard was up due to the fact that he did not know where he was, but despite the creepy atmosphere, so far nothing had warranted his concern.

Gradually over time the lush tropical atmosphere began to change. There was a slight upwards tilt to the ground as jungle began to gain elevation. Lineir was traveling higher. However, he was still quite a ways away from the enormous volcano which smoked in the distance. Suddenly he noticed something which piqued his curiosity.

"Interesting...." In the middle of the forest, seemingly at random there was a gate. There was no signage or anything which might mark the owner, but the gate was well wrought and contained a hint of divine sense. Lineir could sense that this was no mortal's home. He considered moving on without disturbing the residence, but figured that he had to find out where he was somehow. Additionally, the gate had no signs of any restrictive techniques. It actually appeared somewhat abandoned with overgrown veins creeping in between the intricate spikes. When he examined the spikes which made the gate he was unable to determine the material which they were formed from. However, at his touch the gates were actually extremely tough. It had to be said, if the gates had been made by any mortal material, his casual touch would easily distort the material if he wished.

"Yep...definitely not mortal."

He opened the gates which surprisingly swung open easily. Several vines which had grown inbetween the spikes snapped in the process.

Pa Pa Pa!

When the gap was big enough, he slipped inside and continued. Now, though there were still trees and overgrown vegetation everywhere, there was a slick cobblestone path. On closer examination, the cobblestones were actually some form of dark crystal. Each of his steps wrung out gently, interrupting the jungle. So far, the entire area seemed abandoned, though the feeling of unease continued to grow. Where were the guards? Why was this estate in such good condition yet no one seemed to be home?

This estate was bizarrely secreted away in the middle of nowhere. It seemed to contain no signs of life, and no threats. What was the meaning of this? Gradually, the path led Lineir into the center of the Estate. Secreted in the center of the estate was a great tablet. On this tablet which radiated an evil and tyrannical air was a strange script. It read,