Chapter 183-No Turning Back

Mrow! When women lose interest in you T_T;

Lineir strode out confidently onto the bridge's next section, his goal was to reach the very end! In the distance the gleaming white staircase up the mountain awaited silently. He felt a moment of trepidation as his empty aching felt was filled with something unexpected.

"This...this is-" Lineir's fists clenched as the thrill of battle rushed through his veins and made him alive again! He shivered at how good it felt, feeling almost guilty for feeling anything but sorrow so soon after Mei's passing. However, he had to tune out all distractions, external and internal!

Dang Dang Dang!!

Lightning fast feet blitzed the bridge bit by bit. Lineir delivered a slash blind as he felt a presence lock onto him from the left. He didn't even bother analyzing the threat as without his Madness Eyes if he wanted to cross with maximum speed he didn't have the ability to calculate such things.

Lightning Darkness Slash

"Grrraaawwr!!"

The dark crescent smashed into a strange beast knocking it back into the water. It resembled a dolphin with the head of a bear. Bizarrely only the head was furred so the beast did not even appear natural at all. God knows how it had ended up in trial or what horrid waters the Midnight King had found it in. It was hardly defeated by Lineir's attack but as Lineir was no longer planning to stop at each individual altar he didn't care! He continued sprinting onward without a care to face the next creature!

Dang Dang Dang!!

Boom!

There was a large noise as something absolutely massive exploded from the water. Lineir instinctively turned at such a large noise and his step faltered for a second,

"Are you serious?" He choked out as a 100 meter long crocodile appeared, its scaly skin appearing to be wrinkled with runes!

"Hong!" It roared and hissed at the same time and a wash of fetid deathly energy blasted over him. He quickly sliced apart the wind which was so disgusting it actually had a corrosive effect! The gale parted to each side and Lineir rushed up in the middle as the crocodile surged up onto the side of the bridge! It's jaws were large enough to swallow two men whole! Each glistening fang was like ivory and were almost a meter long! The mouth alone was nearly a third the length of the beast!

"Can't hold back anymore, it's do or die!" Lineir knew at this point that he would have to begin unleashing his killer moves or risk death. Such a beast wouldn't be fazed by his ordinary techniques, even as a distraction. He planted both feet onto the bridge with the weight of Darkness and drew back with both hands!

Chi Chi Chi!!!

Dancing sparks of Lightning Qi surged upon the surface of the black blade before being drawn inside and locked in by solid Darkness! As the crocodile's maw shot forward to encircle Lineir he slammed it down and unleashed the pent up energy!

Self Created Technique: From Light Comes Darkness!!

The dark crescent moon formed from Lineir's attack appeared small in comparison to the crocodile's jaws! It was as if the beast was trying to swallow the moon! Lightning chains bound the moon tightly and shattered into arcing wisps when the fangs pierced its black depths. As the beast bit in its reptillian eyes widened!

Cr-Cr-Crack!!!

BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

"HOOOOOOOOOOO-!!!" The beast roared as the moon detonated in its mouth and light surrounded the world for a brief instant before vagrant darkness enveloped all! While this all went on Lineir released the Darkness holding his feet to the bridge and leaped away riding the expanding shock-wave to fly down the bridge! When the Darkness Qi cleared away he turned around and a jolt of electricity zinged down his neck as jaws slammed shut mere meters behind him!