Chapter 83- The Hanged Man Pt.7

As Jun Li ascended the platform carrying his family, Ya Li yelled out, 

"Protect my sister Yu if you see her!" Lineir simply nodded as the Darkness Rain poured down even heavier forming a ring around the platform. The heavy suppression ensured that no Chosen could sneak in under his watch! Then he stepped towards Jian Te who had just gotten back up after being blasted off the platform.

"Yyy-you! Don't come any closer! It's pointless anyway, no matter how fast you are you cannot penetrate my defensive equipment!" Jian Te tried to maintain a strong stance but regardless of his defenses his stinging backside still felt burnt! The Blast Cross Kick from earlier would have flayed him like a fish if he hadn't had such strong life saving protections.

"Oh really?" Lineir raised his eyebrows as he disdained words and began a vicious beating!

Lightning Slash!

Lightning Slash!

Lightning Slash! Lightning Slash! Lightning Slash! Lightning Slash!

Over and over Lineir activated his Lightning Slash on the helpless Jian Te. Though every time his blade was stopped short of cutting him, Jian Te's body quickly built up an extremely polar charge as the heavy rain poured down unrelentingly. Over and over Jian Te's body was smashed down into the mud until he resembled a drowned worm, his head barely peaking up from the ground gasping for air. Finally the beating stopped for a second and he tried to shout out,

"My older brother is in the deeper section of these Trials! If you cut the crap and seppuku now I can guaruntee you a mostly complete corpse-!" He started to spit out only to shriek as Lineirs blade cracked in a horrifying backhanded slice!

REVERSE Lightning Slash!

All of the electric charge building up on Jian Te reversed in an instant and an explosive crack of lightning appeared which crackled through the stormy skies! Amongst the conductive Darkness Rain which was the best medium for Lineir's Lightning Qi to travel it's destructive power does not need telling!

BANG! SSSSssssssssss.....

A huge flash of light appeared after the explosion and there was a horrifying plume of smoke rising as well as the smell of burning skin and metal. Jian Te's sorry figure lay on the ground smoking as the rain pounded down relentlessly on his battered body. On his once brilliant blue runed robe there was a massive burnt cut which sheared all the way through ruining the beautiful patterns. Underneath, his concealed Earth Dragon Armor was cracked in two and the smell of burnt worms pervaded the air. Underneath, miraculously Jian Te had only suffered some superficial wounds. As he felt himself over, realizing he was ok, he shouted out,

"Hahahaha you think with your third world techniques you can penetrate this Saint's armor? To your people my manservants are gods! Wa...wait! How can this be?" His hands finally found the massive cut across his robes. 

"Hehehe cutting my robes, I'm impressed! But a plebian such as yourself could never penetrate Earth Dragon armor! Wa...WAIT WHAT????" His hands reached inside his severed smoking robes and reached the terrifying rent in his chestplate. 

"Wa-Wait!! We can talk this through! My brother will return from the central region shortly! He can definitely reward you if you spare my life!" The proud Jian Te began to beg. However, Lineir's eyes were more cold than that of a merciless dragon. He prepared to stab down into Jian Te's unprotected chest.

"Stay your hand!" A voice rang out from the platform. Surprised Lineir looked back at the platform where Jun Li and his family were almost done waiting to ascend!

"About time you showed yourself. And what if I don't?" Lineir's hand did not tremble in the slightest as he raised his hand for the killing blow. However, what happened next surprised him. He turned leaving Jian Te whimpering and broken on the ground. The beaten Chosen was not going anywhere soon. On the platform which was surrounded by a dense curtain of Darkness Rain a strange phenomena was happening. There was a flicker and then a devilish hand appeared from nowhere reaching into the curtain towards the Li family!

"Then these ones will die!" The hand abruptly breached the curtain however, in that instant Lineir snapped back to the fallen Jian Te and he yelled,

"If you want him so bad then you'd best save him!" Lineir mercilessly stabbed down into the cut in Jian Te's armor and then grabbed him by the neck and flung him into the sky like a chicken! He then dashed to the platform!

"You dare!" The voice changed as the hand immediately stopped trying to penetrate the curtain. Instead a swift flickering shadow materialized next to the curtain which withdrew its hand and formed into a deep purple robed youth. He immediately shot off and caught the falling Jian Te stuffing medicinal pills into his throat! However, he realized in an instant that he had been tricked! Jian Te's body was wracked with the explosive power of lightning and before he could even get the pills down it was charred black from the inside out, his soul already cast down into the Yellow Springs! The purple robed man turned with a murderous aura to face the platform however the Li family had already been teleported out! They were the first to ascend and the winners of the Trials! Lineir simply took a step onto the platform naturally passing under his curtain of Darkness Rain which separated the platform from the outside. He had performed a dangerous bluff! Recognizing that this new Chosen was trying to capture the Li family as hostages Lineir quickly deduced the best possible plan to get him away from them! He used Jian Te's body as bait and lured him away from the platform long enough for the Li family to leave! Now however...several strong auras approached the borders of his Darkness Rain and upon reaching it cautiously entered his Domain. He sensed that they were all top Chosen of the Trials!

The purple robed figure set down Jian Te's body and then drew an ancient scimitar.

"You've committed a crime you cannot afford to pay! Chosen of this Trials I call upon you! In the name of Ji Te bring me this scoundrel's head dead or alive!"