Chapter 136-Reverse Edge

This is the original chapter which I wrote during the beginning of Star Stream Lake. Hope you enjoy.

Lineir smashed down from the sky like a meteor, blasting the icy ground into pieces. From above the Grand Ancestor soared down and alighted 30 meters away. His fists glowed red as if embers just ready to ignite.

"Well? You want to fight on the ground? You should know I'm even faster here!" The Grand Ancestor launched forward, refusing to give Lineir even a moment to breath. However, Lineir simply let his Phoenix Flame Wings go out as his enemy began to move.

"I didn't want to fight with borrowed power but it looks like I have no choice." He said as the Grand Ancestor's feet dashed off the ground. "Let's let him have it then!"

Lineir channeled his Lightning Qi into the black blade so it developed a strange white and yellow sheen as the edge was rearranged. A split second later he used the weight of Darkness Qi to mold the blade to the form he wished!

Darkness Lightning Reformation!

The back edge of the blade which had previously been flat and unsharpened suddenly flowed in and formed a new edge! Now the blade gripped in Lineir's hand was double-edged and the back edge glowed with a white and yellow light as if it might race out and explode at any moment if it wasn't for the weight of the Darkness Qi restraining it! Lineir stared at his blade with approval; he could feel the new back edge emanated a sharpness which felt like it could even sever the void!

A voice came from within his own mind. The blade was talking to him? But it wasn't Mei.

Finally you're awake...

Let me show you how I walked the Nine Paths of Asura!!

Lineir's eyes filled with the crimson red glow of Madness and a murderous aura suddenly took control of his hand. As he watched, a visible red haze burst forth from the blade and surrounded it like mist. Then he felt an unknown presence stirring inside and his techniques activated without even his conscious thought. However, though these were his techniques, they were different...more ancient and powerful!

First Walk of Madness-Crimson Eyes!

Lineir's sight zeroed in on the enemy and he felt his gaze grow cold. Those he viewed may as well have been already dead for all he cared!

Second Walk of Madness-Acceleration!

His already cold vision grew even colder and time slowed down as he realized every second had become a fragment of infinity! He was not utilizing any knowledge of Time or Space Laws to slow down the surroundings, instead it was as if his thoughts had sped up and left reality behind!

Third Walk of Madness-Infinite Lives!

Time became infinite as Lineir perceived a near infinite number of possibilities and probabilities. His knowledge of cause and effect spiraled out of control and he felt drunk on the power of what could be. Either he had already experienced every possible outcome, or he had calculated them in his mind. The why didn't matter, all that did was that if he attacked now he would almost certainly win! With a thought that took less than a thousandth of the time it would normally take, he was stepping forward to attack!

Fourth Walk of Madness-Storm Lotus Path!

Lineir's Madness Rain Domain activated and before Lineir knew it he had walked an infinite number of steps and in every step he had woven a delicate petal containing an electrical charge with the Lightning Laws. Each charge was slightly different in his mad path towards the enemy and when he had reached the enemy he realized that before he had started walking he had stabbed the ground and left a positive charge without even thinking. All that was left was...

Fifth Walk of Madness-Path of 1000 Petals!

The charges lit up and raced through the infinite path of petals he had laid a second before in a brilliant arcing chain of lightning.

KRAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

A second later this intricately formed lightning rush caught up with Lineir in front of his opponent and surged into his blade as he swung down. From the time he took the first step to reaching his opponent and the strike activating, he had barely had had time to think. This was a terrifying speed based technique which combined the Laws of Lightning, Darkness, and Madness in a way which did not currently exist in modern times. To speak plainly, the Madness drew upon the techniques of someone from a long ago time to recreate a lost technique!

The blade came down and to the shocked Grand Ancestor it was as if Lineir had taken a step then turned into a lightning bolt to appear in front of him. He had but a moment to raise his fists, but before he could even block a horrifying sense of danger overcame him!

"I'm already too late-------????" Was the only thing he could think before the blade reached him.

Chi......

A blurry slash-mark was all that was visible in the air before the blow had already been delivered from the leading edge of Lineir's blade. However, Lineir frowned as there was a shattering sound-

KACHA!!!!!!

KACHA!!!!!!

KACHA!!!!!!

A frozen ice wall rose had risen in front of Lineir in the instant before his strike had connected. A blurry figure had flickered in and snatched away Lineir's prey in the short window of time it took for Lineir's blade to penetrate the ice wall. The blurry figure rematerialized holding the stunned Grand Ancestor. As the one who had saved the Grand Ancestor, he looked up and sensed the most extreme killing intent he had ever felt in his entire life! He realized that the black robed youth had long since launched towards him as soon as he had locked onto his position and was already halfway there. Such reflexes were beyond human thought, bordering on the realm of instinct!

Shing!

Lineir had explosively dashed forward after seeing this new combatant who had saved the Grand Ancestor and didn't even take the time to draw back his sword after his first attack. Instead he channeled Lightning and Darkness Qi into the original reverse edge of the blade powering up the true attack he had been waiting for.

True Reverse Lightning Slash!!

The Grand Ancestor's savior felt an intense killing aura far beyond what any junior should have and realized that he had underestimated Lineir immensely! He raised his hand to block, a blade of ice appearing from thin air. The black blade and the ice blade collided.

CHIIIIIIIIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

Lineir was blasted backwards by the energy of the collision. Lightning exploded everywhere as the smell of ozone invaded the atmosphere. The rain stopped as he raised his head unbelieving.

"This level of ice techniques, there's no mistake. You're the Snow God!"