Chapter 141-Claw Against Claw

Woops went traveling back to CT to do my taxes. Forgot to post last night.

*************

When Lineir was in the Estate,

"In the past I had a glaring weakness. I used to believe that it was because I started my cultivation late in life and thus was always behind those of the Higher Realms. However, the voice taught me something. While it is true that I have had less time to lose my mortality, it is not that which leaves me constantly in trouble against the senior generation. The real problem is simply my skill! There are no excuses, I just don't have a technique which is powerful enough to surpass multiple levels and slaughter all comers!" Lineir had been thinking to himself as he comprehended the shape of what he had gleaned from the tablet.

He realized that there was a similar mystery in the Tyrannical Tablet he had seen in The Bladelord's Secret Estate. By fusing the hidden image he had seen by looking upon a Buddhist Tablet along with the Tyrannical Tablet he had created something new. A perversion of the natural order. This was a true technique of Madness.

"This technique is more powerful than I could have ever imagined. It actually surpasses my comprehension of the blade in terms of combat strength though I have studied the blade from the beginning of my cultivation. Until I truly learn the way of the sword, this will be my most powerful finishing move!" Lineir was absolutely certain of this. In his mind he could already tell that this technique was based on Laws far higher than any other he knew!

"There is just one weakness. It will only be usable once. Afterwards I will be completely drained of Qi and if I miss...the consequences would be unthinkable." He thought to himself as he headed up the stairs with the Estate Spirit to meet the Snow God outside.

**************

As the Snow God stretched out his hand in an icy claw, his expression was one of absolute confidence. Even if his body was only at Celestial Pinnacle, with his comprehension he would not fear those who had entered the next realm!

"Your heart will be a nice addition to my collection!" He cackled as he shot down to meet Lineir, the ice wall ensuring that there was no escape. Lineir felt the ice wall with a foot.

"Solid enough." He said as he jumped up and back into the ice wall, landing in midair with his feet at a 90 degree angle. His feet planted on the ice and he actually sheathed the black blade on his back!

"Ahahaha have you accepted your fate so soon?" The Snow God yelled as he soared through the air like a meteor. Lineir pushed off the ice wall with all his might shooting into the sky. A flash of red came as he extended his own hand out. The Laws of the world came into his palm. The disparate elements were ordered before the commanding presence of this palm. However, then Madness came!

Shua!!!

For a brief moment all was frozen. The Snow God was soaring towards Lineir with his arm outstretched. 

Lineir was blasting into the sky as the ice wall fractured into myriad fragments behind him. 

Ting Ting Ting!!!

The Madness corrupted the palm and transformed it into a wholly different technique altogether! The order became chaos and all the gathered Laws became unruly and vicious as the pressure of Madness suffocated them! The calm and majestic palm became a claw as long streaks of red Madness came from Lineir's fingertips and curled forward. The golden light which had gently been emanating from the palm became red and then purple then black as all the Qi, Laws, and Madness in Lineir was gathered in his hand!

A split second later time restarted as the Madness passed and Lineir appeared in front of the Snow God. He then shot past! As he dashed by he targeted not the physical man in front of him but the afterimage of the hungry ghost tethered to the Snow God's body! 

Asura Strike!!

CRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" An ear piercing scream came as the spirit in the body was caught in Lineir's hand! Like honey on a stick it spooled and stretched until finally the strand snapped and Lineir held the spirit in his hand. The Snow God immediately plunged out of the sky, tumbling down into the snow below. 

Crashhhhh

"Yo-you-you!!!!!!!! How could a mere brat of this pathetic generation undue my Yin Yang Reincarnation technique? I won't believe this! NO!!!!!" The spirit shrieked and pulsated in circles within Lineir's grasp. However, the Laws of Madness had naturally sealed it inside! Finally Lineir too fell out of the sky, completely spent of Qi. He smashed down into the snow beside the Snow God! The spirit was still sealed in his grasp in a red blood orb.

Crassshhh

Two fallen forms lay in the snow like fallen angels. However, as they lay, the Snow God slowly rose up. His expressionless eyes slowly widened as twin trails of tears leaked out over the haunted valleys of his face. From above the snow poured down ever thicker as he advanced silently towards the fallen youth in the snow.