Chapter 175-A Living Calamity

Thanks for all the support, hope you're enjoying the week so far!

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

A burning star fell from the sky leaving a flaming trail like a finger pronouncing the judgement of the Heavens. It carved an arc wreathed in flame across the night sky and slammed into the ground with a force that shook the earth and stirred the wind.

Skreeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Hot screaming currents of air were instantly compressed and raced out of the blast site. Nearby, wild animals cowered in their homes as the shockwave first rocked their shuddering cave walls and then blew sifting dirt through the collapsing tops. Several nearby cultivators were shocked as their horses grew wild and uncontrollable in the madness and galloped away.

"What was that?" A man in fluttering light clothes exclaimed as he desperately tried to calm his mount.

"An earthquake?" One of his companions speculated. However the ensuing winds quickly dispelled that thought.

"What kind of earthquake causes such foul winds! My god, has some Celestial Calamity descended upon our home!?" The first man was aghast as a large cloud of ash and hot air washed over them, causing them to squint and almost blowing some of the weaker members of their party over. Holding up a hand to cover his eyes, he speculated,

"That cloud...it almost looks like something has left a trail of fire in the sky. Do you think...something has fallen from the Heavens?" The man was merely guessing but his companions while at first dubious were soon exclaiming as well as they saw a long trail of dying flames carved into the horizon,

"He's right!"

"Look, a trail!"

"Could it be a Heavenly messenger? Or perhaps some sort of treasure?" Immediately rumors were started from this strange sight but the first man shook his head. He cut the air with his hand silencing the protesting group,

"We leave. No matter what it is...this is Debu territory. Anyone who wishes to stay may explain to them when they arrive to investigate. Perhaps they will bring your head along so you might catch sight of the treasure. Either way you will be going to the Yellow Springs early." The protests quickly died and the group slowly headed in the opposite direction as the blossoming ash cloud. "I hope this is a blessing upon the land and not a curse..." The man muttered while leading his companions away.

******************************************

"Yahhh!" Several cultivators urged their horses in the direction of the strange occurrence. One of them looked up at the rapidly disappearing plume of flame which marked the trail the falling star had taken. He was a Divine Realm Cultivator, a promising youth of his clan. He remarked,

"It's just as the clan's texts described. A great falling star, scouring the land, a trail of ash and flame which envelopes the world. We of the Debu tribe must obtain this boon before the Ceph"

They crept upon the land which had turned dry and ashen like crumbling skin. It spooked them as just days before this place had been a verdant jungle. Now it was a grand canyon filled with bitter empty sand and howling winds.

"This...this is unnatural!" One of the Debu finally lost his nerve and tried to back away. However his faltering feet were soon blocked by the Celestial Realm captain.

"Don't even think of leaving without the treasure. If you come back with empty hands, you can be assured there will be nothing waiting for you at home." The captain's stern face convinced the panicking man to stiffen his spine.