Chapter 109-Snow and Screams

I promised a chapter this weekend so here it is. Stay warm fellow daoists. 

Whooooooosh!

Lineir found himself soaring through some spacial tunnel and then suddenly there was an unusual breaking noise. It was as if space was a pane of glass and Lineir had smashed through it. 

KACHIIING!

He felt some sort of resistance and then a great heaviness fell upon every part of his being. It was not unbearable by any means but it was quite hard to ignore. 

"This must be the pressure caused by the Higher Realm's increased spacial stability." Lineir thought. Suddenly there was a bright light and Lineir was tossed onto the hard ground. However, he was used to it at this point and managed to land on his feet this time.

Tap

He brushed off his robes as he landed and adjusted himself.

"Where did that crazy senior send me this time?" He wondered. Quickly he scanned for danger.

"Mei, do you know where we are?" He asked but Mei said she didn't have a clue, the Higher Realm's were simply too vast. Lineir also tried to ask Mizuchi but she simply sniffed and said she couldn't be bothered to say even if she did know.

"Guess it's time to wander. No matter how weird that senior is he wouldn't just drop me off in the middle of nowhere without a purpose...would he?" Lineir sighed. While obviously last time The Bladelord had clearly transported Lineir to his estate with the intent of bestowing a legacy, this time he had seemed quite irrationally angry. Who knows if someone so eccentric would even care about sending Lineir to the Hells themselves....

"Shall I get a better view first then?"

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!

The phoenix wings burst out from Lineir's back complete with the bones of a dragon supporting the ephemeral flames. However, while initially Lineir felt rejuvenated because the energy of the Divine Realm was many times purer and more concentrated than his home realm, he soon realized a critical problem!

"This pressure! I can't maintain flight!" He cried out as after a few seconds he lost altitude and fell back to the earth completely drained of energy. Mizuchi giggled,

"Silly plebian. You really think you can maintain flight at your level in the Divine Realm?" 

Lineir sighed. He had had to burn an immense amount of Fire Qi to even fly up a hundred meters. Fortunately, while his Qi expenditures were absolutely more massive than before, the purity of the ambient Qi was also much higher. So he was able to recover his reserves much more quickly than before.

"I wonder...how my combat power is affected here. Obviously I can no longer rely on the advantage of flight in battle, but I wonder if my techniques will be equally difficult to use here?" Quickly he took a breath of the fresh air and revolved his Second Heart. A second he unleashed a strike with Mei upon a nearby tree.

Lightning Slash!

Kang!

A bizarre noise as Lineir's blade crossed the tree. There was a clanging noise as if he had struck metal and the blade cut through but only partially. Instead of slicing completely through it was like he was sawing through the wood. The feeling was reminiscent of striking a metal pole rather than a wooden tree.

"What??? So hard?" Lineir felt a huge echo as the tree seemingly pushed back against his sword and resisted his technique.

"Fine then but what happens if I do  this!" He grunted and called back the lightning Qi which had been sown into the tree's trunk!