Chapter 138-Returning to the Monastery

Ugh crazy busy at work, really hard to keep up but we're still kind of on schedule. Hope to get more writing done this weekend as I feel kind of rusty after not writing much during the week.

"Run...I need to run. He could be trapped for a 100 years or a hundred seconds, there's no way to know!" Lineir blasted off leaving the fleeing city dwellers far behind. Soon he came to the spot with the Wei girls who were unconscious still chained to Mizuchi who was stuck in the ground.

"How dare you throw me and use me as a babysitter!" She cried but Lineir ignored her and seized the motionless girls in his arms while sheathing the complaining katana on his back. 

"The only place closeby is the Monastery Trial Grounds of the Ice Elementals. If I stay there, the Estate Spirit should be able to protect me. After all I passed the first two trials!" Lineir said while his feet pounded into the snow. He fled at an extremely high speed, bursting out his Flame Qi wings to jump over crevasses and impassable terrain.

Whooosh! Taka Taka Taka

His speed reached new extremes and within a much shorter period of time he quickly entered the ice tunnel systems and proceeded past the waterfall room and into the Monastery Trial Grounds.

"Whew. Made it. I should be safe here... at least from the Snow God, I'm not so sure if I'll be safe considering the temperament of the Estate Spirit." The muscles in Lineir's neck unconsciously tensed as he remembered the intense cold which had nearly killed him. However, he had come out stronger in the end, a stoic survivor whose Third Heart was forged into iron!

"The tablet...seek...it..."

Lineir heard the voice come once more and looked at the black blade in his hand. 

"It spoke again. A tablet? What does it mean? The voice rarely speaks unless it is trying to show me something important. But what could it be? The only tablet I remember was the one sealed in The Bladelord's Secret Estate but that one was destroyed. That can't be it can it?" He said while hoping the voice of the blade would elaborate but alas it remained silent.

"Mei? Do you have any idea what tablet it could be?" Lineir said. He had to explain what the tablet had said to Mei for although she inhabited the black blade as well, the voice had not spoken to her.

"Sorry kiddo, there are an uncountable number of tablets in the Higher Realms. To specify without more information is like looking for a single drop of water in the ocean." She said. At that time the Estate Spirit suddenly realized Lineir had arrived.

"You've returned!!" The Estate Spirit cried out, its exuberant voice booming across the courtyard. "Please! Do not leave, there's no need for the third trial! I accept you on behalf of my departed master as a member of the Sect!" It cried terrified that Lineir would suddenly bolt again. 

"Oh...then would you be able to take of someone for me?" Lineir calmly replied having somewhat expected such a reaction from the excitable spirit. 

"And of course I'll give you all the treasures...wai what? You accepted just like that?" The Estate Spirit tripped over its own words as Lineir casually dropped all resistance to becoming a disciple.

"You mean kill? Well...I mean if they come into the Estate...then probably anyone you could provoke around here.... But you know I can't do anything to someone outside of the Estate." The Estate Spirit said. At that moment a huge boom came from outside.

"Foreigner!! I know you're in there!" A terrible sick voice came from outside the Monastery as in the snowy sky the Snow God appeared. "Get out here!"

Lineir was slightly shocked at the speed the Snow God had arrived but he was not overly panicked. 

"Out there? To deal with trash like you? Why would I bother?" Lineirs voice came out nonchalantly, casually trying to infuriate the Snow God. Under his breath he whispered to the Estate Spirit,

"I need you to take care of this man for me. He is at pinnacle Celestial Realm and has unknown powers. Do you think you can do it?" 

"Pinnacle Celestial Realm? Please if he dares to enter this place against my will then he will be at my mercy. My master made sure of that with the formations in here!" The Estate Spirit confidently replied. The Snow God floating outside was enraged.

"Fine. Fine. I will drag you out to hell if that's what you want. You can meet with that wretch in the next life!" He said as icy snow swirled everywhere. The middle aged man in icy blue armor floated into the bounds of the monastery. A second later however he retreated before the Estate Spirit could seize him.

"This Estate...those damned Ice Elementals! You rat get out here!" The  Snow God screamed. Lineir, however puzzled was now worried.

"What? Why didn't he come in? Estate Spirit did you accidentally tip him off early?" He asked but the Estate Spirit was also confused,

"I did not even have time to act before he retreated. Unless...this one could it be?" The Estate Spirit paused. Suddenly a bright blue phantasm baby appeared floating in the air next to Lineir. It's little fat chubby legs were crossed in the lotus position, however its face was extremely chubby as well which ruined its monk-like aura! Besides its demeanor though...it had to be said...for all intents and purposes it was like a baby representation of Buddha himself! The blue baby squinted at the Snow God who was cursing outside far from the Monastery Trial Grounds barrier.

"Heh. I see it now. So he escaped. New sect disciple, come with me. I shall take you to a place which will answer your questions." Floating away, the baby beckoned at Lineir who followed with a bemused expression on his face.

"Am I going to be stuck in here with a baby?" He thought as the baby led him deeper and deeper into the Monastery. Crossing the courtyard, they entered through a hallowed door guarded by gleaming ice sculptures of Yaksha Demons and other creatures. Deeper and deeper into the darkness they went until in the darkness, the blue baby snapped his fingers and thousands of candles in a row lit up to reveal an ancient shrine.

"Now let me explain..."