Chapter 153-The Nethertwister

Sigh when the doctor doesn't accept your insurance.  Thank you for all the comments and votes as of late. I read them all and take into account your considerations!

"What's that?" Lineir squinted his eyes as in the far distance what appeared to be an optical illusion appeared. Far inside the city, in the direction where the squad and the Rotwings were going, a huge column of dark grey air appeared. Upon closer inspection it was at least 3 kilometers wide and towered up into the sky. If he didn't know better, he would say it was a Pillar. 

"Shoot. The team can't see it from where they are. I need to warn them!" Lineir sped off hopping from high rooftop to high rooftop, slapping the occasional Divine Realm skeleton out of his way.

*********

"Everyone...I'm sure Lineir is catching up with us now. We should gain as much ground as possible." Yu said as the team huddled in a building. "Ready? 3-2-1 go go go!"

They burst back out into the streets trying to remain stealthy but the Rotwing's eyes soon spotted them from the sky.

"There they are!" The gnarled hiss of the Rotwings soon came as feathery wings slashed the air. 

"De! You know what to do!" Yu called as he his hands flared brilliantly violet. De suddenly pulled out an extremely thick staff from thin air.

"You got it!" 

Magma Exterminator!

He grunted as his staff suddenly expanded violently and turned into a red hot volcano! Sweeping it forwards, the burning surface bubbled and exploded forth into a torrent of lava which spewed into the sky like a real volcanic eruption.

Reverse Gravitational Distortion

The violent stream suddenly imploded as the lava particles spewed away from each other. It was as if each particle had instantly developed a newfound repulsion for each other.

PUCHI!!

The stream of lava divided into millions of drops which rained down on the Rotwings. The explosion was so violent and swift that several of them did not have time to properly defend themselves. 

Suuuaaaaaaaaaa 

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"Humans! You dare to harm our Heavenly bodies with your mortal taint?" Hisses came as several Rotwings pulled back, their wasted bodies now covered in numerous burning wounds. The wounds even burst into flame from the heat and those Rotwings fell from the sky, the most hideous fallen angels one could imagine.

"Nice one boss!" De was celebrating when from above the leader of the Rotwings smashed into him and wrapped it's great wings around him. His heroic form was engulfed and a second later he cried out,

"Ahhhh! You bastard!" A voice came as the Nephilim and man separated and from the wicked talon's dropped what had once been a powerful arm. Now with only one arm, and heavily bleeding De was quickly converged upon by Dan who immediately broke out a defensive ward!

Shing!!

In the sky a semi-translucent rectangle of light appeared around the two and the squad took up defensive positions while Dan treated the wound.

"Ahhk. Damnit Dan that hurts!" De screeched like the Rotwings as Dan poured a vial of some clear liquor on the stump. Immediately it cauterized and smoke began to rise off it. Dan ignored De, continuing his work.

"I'm not sure but it looks like restoring this may be possible. However, the Rotwing's talons inflicted some sort of curse. This is beyond my abilities to heal, I can only contain it for now. Steady yourself! The real pain begins now!" He announced and De's eyes widened,

"Wha---AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" The usually stoic man burst out frantically yelling his head off as Dan ignited the sparkling clear liquid on his stump with a holy flame.

"Heavens!!!" The yelling continued while outside the Rotwings and the squad led by Yu were at a tense standoff. Over time the Rotwings began to amass again however. Additionally, on the ground below numerous Undead were beginning to pile up as they scrambled over themselves to reach the living flesh and holy Qi above. Any mortal being would suffocate in such a pile of bones but the Undead had no such fear. They climbed and clawed at each other until the pile was over a 100 meters high and thrice as wide!

EiiiiiIIIII!!!

The monstrous mound of Undead growled as if seeking to reach the Heavens. Anyone watching could only shudder and pray they were too high to reach. In this situation Yu nervously clenched and unclenched his palms. 

"Dan...how much longer?" He said and just like that prison of light shattered as De rolled his shoulders and Dan sighed,

"Ahhhhh! By the Heavens did that hurt!" De's arm was covered in a strange light inscription. It formed a pentagram which clashed with the strange Rotwing curse, a dark white stain which looked so disgusting that it could be seen through the bandage tied to De's shoulder.

"We can go now. He should be ok now, but he won't be 100% for any fights. Maybe 60 or 70% and the longer he fights the more chance the curse will spread." Dan said as he placed his medicinal liquor bottle back into his voluminous sleeves and brought out his Compass. 

"Ok De, stay in the center, I didn't want to waste any more Hematomas before we even reached the Pillar but there's no choice. I'm going to blow us a way out!" Yu revealed 4 Hematomas rolling in his hands. De managed to eek out a grin despite the pain. Revealing his massive teeth he struck a bold figure with one arm,

"Awesome." He said as below the skeletons continued to gather from kilometers around the city. Several Celestial Realm skeletons were actually surfing the sea of bones and jumping up, testing the distance to the enemies in the sky. They could not fly but their jumps were getting dangerously close! Meanwhile the Rotwings had completely encircled them while Dan treated the injured and were starting to close in.

"Ready?" Yu glanced around. The remaining ten others nodded in assent.

"3...."

"2....!"

"1!!!!!!!!"

"Stop!" Lineir's voice enhanced by Qi boomed several kilometers across the city and Yu, who had just tossed out the Hematomas reached out with blinding speed with his other hand and plucked each black orb out of the air before they could travel more than a centimeter from his fingertips.

"Get back! On your right!" 

Looking to the right the squad beheld something very strange. 

Shuuuuuuuuuuuwuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

"That's...wait what the hell is that?" Ting narrowed her eyes but Yu grabbed her hand. His other revealed the Hematomas as he prepared to undue the seals.

"We need to go back. We'll break out the other way towards Lineir!"