Chapter 85-The Hanged Man Pt.9-One Against All

So I just realized this chapter is exactly 1337 words haha

Lineir felt a shiver run through his spine as time slowed down and the familiar feeling of Madness clouded his vision red. In this moment between life and death it was do or die! Ancient Chinese characters scrawled through his crimson vision and a few of them gathered together like spiders walking across the surface of his blood red eyes.

If the Heavens Hold Back Your Path...Topple them!
If the Hells Undermine Your Path... Bury them!
If You Block Your Path...Destroy Yourself!

Lineir could make out a message within. In that moment, a rippling sensation spread through him as a strand of red Qi exploded from within his Second Heart! The red Qi traveled his meridians and then crashed out into the atmosphere around him. Though no one else present could see it, to Lineir's Madness filled eyes, it was as if red Qi was spilling out everywhere from his body! It tangled with the air, the Qi, even the Madness Rain! Everywhere it rushed and though it was no more than some strands it forced its way in! The world around him pulsed red and in a moment Lineir became the center of this red-filled universe!

*****************
He's received the legacy. Someone from the old guard is guarding him. But that one won't make a move for something as big as this. I've divined that the Great Sects will intervene in a moment. Go there and save your junior brother. No need to explain, just warn the Great Sects that interference from the older generation is not tolerated. Slay them in the name of Asura if any fail to take heed. Return to the battle for the Western Pillar after you've finished.

On the fields of battle in another planet far away, these words boomed into the mind of a cultivator. Without hesitation he raised his right fist and a massive fireball began to gather around his hand. With one punch he unleashed a force akin to the detonation of a sun!

Solar God's Fist- Setting Sun!

A blazing conflagration erupted from this fist and blasted through the battlefield which was crawling with horrifying monsters and demons. However, though the uncountable monsters, demons, and even devil commanders filled the battlefield with techniques which blotted out the sky itself, this fist strike was simply too powerful! A fiery wall rushed through their ranks and turned them to ash!

WHOOOOSSSSH CRAAAAACCK! SSSSSIIIIIIIISSSSSSHHH!

There was a whooshing noise as the flames passed, then cracking as the incinerated corpses began to crumble, and lastly a ghastly hiss which was the death sigh of an entire battlefield of monsters. Across the battlefield, all was charred black and flames danced merrily still strong enough to burn out the life of all living things and send the dead back to rest. Across the field was a monstrous Pillar which was even bigger than the one Lineir had once scaled!

"Aish, these flames should hold them for a bit. Time to pay my respects to my junior brother!"

The man with the flaming fist raised a keen slightly curved katana in his left hand. With one slash, the blade in his left hand swiped through the air and rent a hole in the dimensions! As the peerless blade slipped through the molecules of the air to open a hole to the void, little black bubbles of the void appeared bubbling up as if the blade was crying tears along its path! A moment later the cultivator stepped through the hole with a swish of his robes and the hole closed behind him leaving a decimated battlefield still filled with the crackling flames of the setting sun.

"Stop."

As the techniques neared Lineir he simply uttered one word. In a moment, the red Qi which had spread out to encompass the platform and all the cultivators in his Madness Rain Domain suddenly exerted an unbelievable pressure! As the numerous techniques from several top Chosen approached, their momentum was suddenly slowed! When the Phantom Hand of Ji Te reached Lineir, Lineir simply reached out with a palm and crushed it! The resulting force was muffled as the red Qi suppressed everything and everyone under Heaven! A ghastly batlike specter had appeared behind Lineir and rushed him while his back was turned. However, when it touched his strong straight back, rather than shattering it and possessing Lineir's soul as it was meant to do, the batlike specter let out an ear piercing screech and vanished into a wisp of smoke utterly defeated! All other techniques similarly broke apart on Lineir's body regardless of whether or not he even deigned to move a finger in defense!

Kacha Swing!

Under the suppression of the red Qi none of the top Chosen could move, this included Ji Te! In less than an instant Lineir vanished and heads began to fall to the ground with powerless expressions of shock and disbelief! The cultivator with the iron staff which had blocked Lineir's attack just now and given Ji Te an opening to use his Phantom Hand Locking Seal technique had no such opportunity and helplessly was beheaded while being unable to move more than an inch! A second later Lineir reappeared over the fallen corpse of Ji Te! He sheathed his sword and withdrew his bloody elbow bone scythes into his arms.

"My Second Heart is completely empty of Qi!"

A terrifying feeling of emptiness filled Lineir as he realized all the Qi in his body had been expended in this instant! A moment later he fell to the ground powerless and was rendered unconscious. The pouring Darkness Rain petered out and the skies of the Trials turned clear again. Lineir lay on the platform alone. Around him were the bodies of all the top Chosen associated with Ji Te. None of the spectating Chosen who had all retreated outside the Darkness Rain Domain when it became infused with Madness chose to return to the platform. Instead they waited for an incense sticks worth of time to pass. They waited for Lineir to ascend for they dared not provoke this monstrous youth even when he was unconscious!

The teleportation platform began to glow and the beam of light flared as it prepared to receive the unconscious Lineir. But then it suddenly dimmed as a phantom hand which covered the sky, swathed in dark purple tattoos, swatted away the beam of light. The teleportation platform broke down completely and a rumbling voice appeared.

"You dare slay the disciples of not only my Te Phantom Hand Sect but even those of all the other Great Sects! There is no need to try to teleport away, you would not find refuge no matter which planet you run to! Today, this senior of the Te clan will save you the trouble and hang you for your crimes!"

The ghostly hand solidified until it became a real purple tattooed hand of death! Covering hundreds of meters it slammed down from the sky towards Lineir as one might slay an insect. However, though it fell quickly, it did not immediately crush Lineir but instead picked him up and drew him into the skies!

"Your crime is punishable by death! You will be hanged for 10,000 years in the valley of the dead and when your soul will be locked upon this Nine Hells Refining Gallows Rope so that you will resurrect as an undead and suffer the pain of rotting both in flesh and soul for all eternity!"

With those words, a gallows appeared in the hand's massive palm and Lineir's limp helpless floating body was hung lifelessly from the rope. As the noose closed around his neck Mei desperately tried to awaken Lineir or take control of his body but to no avail!

"Wake up disciple! Even I cannot do anything once this rope snaps your neck, your soul will be swallowed and refined by the Gallows Rope for all eternity!"

However, the noose closed and contemptuously the giant purple hand grasped the end of the rope between his two fingers and then whipped it with terrifying force! This casual movement instantly snapped Lineir's neck and ended his life!