Chapter 103-The Hellhole

Welcome to Dxharrison. Don't discount Mizuchi. She might be the most annoying character but she is the weapon of one of the strongest cultivators we've met so far. There are still a  lot of characters and factions behind the scenes right now. Now if my stomach would just stop hurting long enough for me to write them...rip

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

The entire pit rumbled and the magma columns along its side frothed and churned as the blade made landfall! For a moment it was as if the whole pit had turned from night to a seemingly purple day!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH!!!!!!

A gale of wind gushed from the bottom of the pit and rattled Lineir in his flight. He was actually flitting from place to place with his fire wings trying to avoid hundreds of thousands of demons which had been dislodged from the pit walls and were falling from above!

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"GRAWWWRR SO CLOSE!!!'

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Their pitiful screams rent the air as those without wings were helplessly tossed into nigh certain death!

"Kiddo, you gotta get down there now! Though that attack might have looked impressive this is a Hellhole, more forces will be teleported here as soon as the special turbulence dies down!" Mei cried out and Lineir shot down in response,

"Got it!"

As Lineir approached the ground he gradually made out a nightmarish scene. There was death and devastation, the floor of the Hellhole had been utterly decimated by Dahn's technique. Destroyed demon bodies sprawled across the ground. Those were the ones which were lucky enough to die with whole bodies. Likely, these were the demons which had fallen from the walls of the pit in the aftermath of that vicious blow. As for those demons which had been on the floor when the sword landed...they were perhaps being breathed in by Lineir right now as a fine mist or simply ceased to exist! This was the terrible price of life and death paid for true power. Though these were the forces of the Hells, Lineir's conviction was shaken at seeing such a gruesome scene. Was this what he sought power for? The ability to create this destruction? There was glory in it, a terrible glory. But more so...who would want this?

"They would do that and worse upon your world." Mizuchi suddenly said and Lineir refocused. She sounded oddly mature in that moment. Once again he questioned her true intentions. This whole scene had happened because of her...was she really just playing or was there something else at work here behind the scenes?

"I know. Do not worry. My Third Heart is too strong to falter here. However, is this really the fate of us all, to engage in endless slaughter until the senior generation rains down destruction from above and so on as the other side responds in kind? Is that what I pursue power for? I just want to survive in this world and bring my sister the kind of life we never had. When will it be enough...Never?" He said. Mizuchi simply refused to respond afterwards. Shrugging Lineir squared his shoulders and touched down on the bottom of the Hellhole. His feet sank into the warm red rock.

"Mizuchi, where do I need to bring you to seal this place?" He asked while looking around. It was quiet. There was not a living thing in sight for the moment. The rain of falling demons had stopped and in the freakish red glow of the molten magma bubbling all around Lineir felt extremely isolated.

"Bring me to the center of the pit. There will be a transfer formation there and another Command Tablet. Strike the Command Tablet with me and I will destroy it." She said and Lineir began to walk carefully. The Hellhole was massive after all. It would take him some time to find the center and he prayed that he could find the tablet before more demons came.