Chapter 158-Slaying Giants

Thanks Xavier. Ugh down cuz I have no luck with girls and not much to do at work lately ;p. Also welcome to all the new followers. I know I haven't been doing personal welcomes for a while.

"Stop!! Go no further!"

There was no sun in the Death Qi haze to tell the time by, but by Lineir's internal clock he estimated that it was about noon.

Rattle.....Rattle....

The vague shape in-between the buildings shuddered as De at the forefront of the group came within 300 meters of it. Vibrating rapidly in a swift and jerky motion it suddenly lifted off the ground despite being of an immense size. De felt a barely perceptible shadow seem to fall over him in the dim light.

"Enemy attack!" He yelped as every person in the formation realized simultaneously that the attacker was too big to fight head on.

"Scatter!" Yu yelled. "Two teams! Lineir you're with me and Ting!" Immediately the team split into two three man groups. Dan, De, and Xi went on one side, and Lineir, Yu, and Ting the other.

SWOOOOOOSH

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Buildings around shook and wobbled as the enemy mass passed through the middle of the now empty formation and hit the ground. It was like a small earthquake had happened!

Siiiii Siiii Siiiii

Crumbling stones and sand swirled as the pulverized cobble was disturbed. A vast tentacle, some hundred meters wide and thick had wedged itself into the street. Sickly blackish goo trailed down its edges, a form of rotten, coagulated blood. Upon closer inspection, one could see all manner of remains inside, human, and otherwise. There were skulls, thighbones, arm bones, all floating inside the blackish goo to create a disgusting appendage of immense size. The number of corpses inside this one tentacle were enough to populate a small village.

"A tentacle of the beast! There will be more soon, we need to leave this area!" Dan said from the other side of the tentacle. The squad actually could not see each other because the tentacle was so large that it wedged itself between the two split teams.

"Regroup at the cathedral thirty kilometers from here!" Yu yelled and he heard an affirmative from the other side.

Sssss....ssssss..ssss....

A mind numbing sound came as the endless corpses inside the tentacle swept along the group and it reared up to strike once more like a serpent. Lineir had to wonder. How did it know they were there? Did it rely on the countless corpse's rotting inside it to provide eyes? Or did it have some other method for detecting unwary prey?

"Flee!"

"Holy crap it's huge!" Ting gasped in horror as she saw it. The rest of the squad soon followed suit.

"Heavens!"

"Burn it!"

"Amitabha, Lord protect us!" 

Lineir reviewed every move he possessed. However...against an opponent of that side what should he use? Would his knowledge of the Art of Authority be enough to empower his Asura strike technique to take on something that large? Perhaps he would be better off using an attack with a larger radius such as From Light Comes Darkness?

"It's no good. Perhaps we can run?" He thought out loud. If he used Asura Strike and it failed which he very much expected on such a beast then he would be absolutely helpless. And even if he used From Light Comes Darkness he would still probably fail to cause any significant damage to a creature so huge. It seemed to possess multiple limbs or perhaps it was all just one limb spread around multiple buildings, but the Cloudsoul Necromorph was everywhere! It was so large that getting a sense of it's true shape was impossible as the buildings blocked much of it from view.