O N E

»»---------CHAPTER ONE--------««
BEHIND MY BACK

JEONGGUK knew his friends were hanging out without him behind his back.

He knew they purposely forgot to invite him to parties. He knew they had made a separate group chat which included everyone of the group except for him. He knew they talked about him behind his back. He knew they probably found him a bit annoying.

But he had put up with it. He had been nice and kind and fateful that this was just all a phase and he would be once again accepted into their group of friends.

Only that wasn't the case.

You see, him and his childhood friend Yugyeom had started highschool together. They had been together from birth and that had always stayed the same. So they started highschool as best friends, made some friends along the way but no one really stuck to them. That was until they entered the last year of highschool. Him and Yugyeom had been put in other classes, forcing them to socialize with classmates and make other friends.

Yugyeom became friends with these guys that were loud and obnoxious most of the time, the complete opposite of his best friend. Though he liked the change and decided on introducing his new friends to Jeongguk, who first was scared out of his wits. He liked being around people he knew, he liked being quiet at first and only warming up after a while. But with these guys he felt pushed to open up more even though he was nowhere near comfortable around these new people.

Instead of him and Yugyeom having sleepovers, the group went to parties. Instead of falling asleep after gaming until the morning, they fell asleep on dirty couches and random beds. Instead of being addicted to video games, they were addicted to liquor and sex. Everything had changed, his friendship with Yugyeom had been watered down until it was something unrecognizable.

And it honestly scared Jeongguk.

He didn't go to parties with them anymore- not that he ever got invited again after he starting crying because a drunk girl had been a bit too rough on him. The guys had laughed at him, saying "C'mon dude, she just wanted a taste of your dick. That was a chance of a lifetime!" But Jeongguk hadn't wanted her to have a taste. It hadn't been a chance of a lifetime. He had been forced against a wall and pushed around by a girl he wanted nothing from. But the guys thought differently. When a girl offers herself to you, you take it, or you aren't a man.

He still tried fitting in though. But it just didn't work. The only time they wanted something to do with him was when they had all forgotten to do their homework and Jeongguk, being the good student he was, had finished it.

He got sick of their behavior, but he had no one to turn to. He still had some sleepless nights with Yugyeom where they just gamed until the sun came up and talked nonsense about life. Those were the nights were Jeongguk realized that his childhood friend hadn't changed. Maybe he changed temporarily when he was around those boys, but he wasn't that weird, rude person when it was just the two of them. He was still the Yugyeom he knew, and that was all that mattered.

He stayed around the group of friends just for his him.

Until even that friendship was ripped to shreds.

××××××
idk why but i'm impulsively publishing all the chapters i have written already