T H I R T Y F O U R

»»—CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR—««
G

ETTING CLOSER TO THE COLD

"SO how did it go?"

A small boy with blue hair popped up out of nowhere, eyes crinkled like crescents, making Jeongguk jump up from his seat in the cafeteria. He was sat alone, waiting for his friends who took a class he didn't take. Instead of their class literature he took the class philosophy, a good decision now he looked back on it since literature would make him think too much about Taehyung. Well anyway, Jimin took a seat in front of him, smile still on his face, "C'mon, how did the song with Yoongi go?"

"Oh", he responded, "It went fine. I'm helping writing lyrics since I have to be emotional invested into the song or something like that".

Jimin nodded and stole a grape from Jeongguk's tray, popping it into his mouth, "So what are you gonna write about?"

"I don't know", the younger shrugged, "I'm not that good with words".

"Well lucky for you Yoongi is, so he'll be of great help", Jimin replied, "And maybe you'll even become good friends. I know he's been missing Taehyung too, since Tae was the closest to him and was the first one to break through his rough exterior".

Jeongguk smiled, "Well he doesn't look that scary. He just seems more like a person that likes being on his own and has deep thoughts".

"That's a pretty good description of him", Jimin smiled, "Anyway, I also wanted to ask you if you were still sure about not participating in Taehyung's present?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's best if I'm not involved. But you can still use our dorm if you want", Jeongguk replied, eyes darting towards the entrance of the room where he spotted his friends coming his way, "Just tell me when you plan on doing the surprise and I'll make sure to be gone by then".

The smaller boy's smile morphed into a sad one, his eyes searching for an answer as to why Jeongguk wanted to be far away from Taehyung. He figured it had something to do with Taehyung's absence and lack of interest in his friends. Maybe they had gone through a fight and that's why the younger was avoiding the blonde? He didn't ask and merely smiled at the others as they joined Jeongguk and him.

Soon enough Hoseok appeared out of his dance class, body all sweaty and muscles puffed out by the exercise he had done. "I think I spotted Taehyung's mystery guy", was the first thing he said as he reached the table, "The only thing I could really make out was that he had black hair".

"Black hair? You mean the hair color 70% of this school has?", Daesung retorted making the others snort, "That's helpful".

"He'll introduce the guy to us soon enough won't he?", Jimin asked, "They have been dating for a few weeks now".

Jeongguk got a bad feeling about that. Maybe he'd rather not know who Taehyung's mystery guy was.

【】【】【】【】【】【】【】

"

We got plenty of time
But we don't waste it together
The fairy lights still shine
But your smile starts to wither"

Jeongguk groaned and closed his notebook, chucking it off the bed in aggravation. He closed his eyes as he rolled onto his back, clicking the pen in his hands a few times. The sea of words colliding in his brain was not being of any help with this song. He tried picking out good ones and matching them together with what he was feeling. And against his own will the song began sounding a lot like the fight that was going on between him and Taehyung.

He began humming a random tune, trying to fit some words onto it.

"All I do is shatter
Feeling I don't matter
My feelings don't matter"

"Does that sound good? I have no fucking idea. How the fuck do I know what sounds good?", he mumbled to himself but picked up his notebook from the ground anyway. He noted the words down incase they'd be of any good. He could ask Yoongi when he saw him again.

The door to his dorm opened and as rare as snow on a summer day, Taehyung walked inside. He completely ignored the younger after throwing him a mere glance and went straight for the bathroom. Jeongguk sighed and went back to reading the lyrics he had written down the past hour.

He silently sang the words to himself on a tune of another song but was interrupted by a knocking sound coming from the door.

"The door's open", he yelled, not bothering to get out of bed. The door slowly opened and a head poked out from behind it, fluffy pink hair sticking out into each possible direction. It was easy to guess that Yoongi had just came out of bed and hadn't bothered to check his hair.

"Hi", he awkwardly spoke before entering, "Sorry for the random visit but I just woke up and had this sudden idea for a melody and well- I got so excited and wanted to tell you because writing lyrics will be easier this way-"

"It's alright", Jeongguk smiled and ushered Yoongi to come sit on his bed so he could have a look at the lyrics he had written, "I wrote something but I have no clue if it's any good or not".

He handed to notebook to Yoongi at the exact same time Taehyung walked back out of the bathroom. The blonde quirked an eyebrow at the sight of his older friend sitting on his roommate's bed – the roommate he currently can't stand the sight of.

"What are you doing here Yoongi?", he asked, ignoring the frown Jeongguk sent him.

"We're working on a song together", the younger answered, since Yoongi was too focused on reading Jeongguk's lyrics, "He needed a singer".

"Did I ask you?", Taehyung snapped back, making the younger flinch.

"You didn't ask him but he was nice enough to reply", Yoongi calmly said looking up from the notebook, "And you know how I needed a singer and you rather wanted to watch your boyfriend do sport? Well Jeongguk agreed to help me".

Taehyung's expression turned from surprised to sour. "Of course he did", he muttered before stomping over to his bed.

"These lyrics are great Gguk", Yoongi now spoke to the younger whose cheeks were flushed. The older had defended him and the sudden compliment surprised him even more, "Thank you".

"I think they will go great with the melody I have in mind", the pink head smiled warmly, "Is it okay if we'll meet tomorrow morning to start our song?"

Jeongguk nodded, big bright smile spread out on his lips and bunny teeth poking out, "Sure".

In the corner of the room Taehyung was glaring holes in both of their backs.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
ooh i never tried a banner kind of thing, it's quite nice. also i have planned out the next three chapters so updating will go quicker this way yayyyy *:・゚✧*:・゚✧