F O R T Y N I N E

»»-----CHAPTER 49-----««
AFTER GRADUATION

JEONGGUK huffed when he entered the small apartment, his trusty camera hanging around his neck. Even though he had a big grimace on his face when he had walked through the door, it immediately vanished when he took in a deep breath, inhaling the delicious scent of homemade lasagna.

His eyes immediately flicked over to the couch where his boyfriend was spread out on the couch, some magazine in his hand as his body was covered in minimal clothing. "What did I tell you about nude cooking?", Jeongguk spoke up, biting back a grin when the magazine was lowered enough to show two annoyed eyes looking back at him.

"First of all, your rule against it is pure bullshit. Second of all, I'm not naked", Taehyung replied, his hair tousled as if he had only just woken up. The younger's eyes scanned the older's appearance which consisted of an old grey colored shirt that probably belonged to Jeongguk and some boxers.

"You're not wearing much", the younger smugly said, his eyes glued to the boy's naked thighs.

The older huffed, "As my boyfriend you're not supposed to complain". He squirmed a bit when Jeongguk's stare got too much.

"Normally I would but right now you're looking like a damn snack", The younger chuckled and turned around so he could toe off his shoes and get rid of his coat.

Taehyung merely rolled his eyes and threw the magazine on their little coffee table, "How was work?"

This immediately put a damper on Jeongguk's mood, the same grimace quickly back on his face. The older tutted at the change of his boyfriend's attitude. "Another annoying customer?", he asked, getting up from the couch to go over to the younger.

"Who the fuck has twenty dogs as their so called bridesmaids?", Jeongguk grumbled, flinging the camera off his neck and onto the couch, "I love dogs, but damn are they annoying to photograph. They move all the goddamn time and one even started nibbling on my gear!"

Taehyung let out a bright laugh at that, quickly cupping the younger's face when he started glaring at him. "I understand it must be hard", he replied, pressing a short kiss on his boyfriend's lips, "But it's your job. And those people must love their dogs".

"I love dogs as well but I'd pick my actual friends to take pictures with on my wedding day", Jeongguk said, connecting his lips to Taehyung's, taking his sweet time before pulling back. His older boyfriend rolled his eyes and released him before skipping to the kitchen.

"How's that article coming along, by the way?", Jeongguk asked, knowing Taehyung had a deadline in a few days, and he also knew the boy was a big procrastinator. Even though both of them had a college degree, their jobs didn't pay that much.

Jeongguk was a wedding photographer but occasionally did some deals with magazines. Whenever he was short on models, he'd ask his boyfriend, who, indeed, was a born model. Whenever he had time to spare he filmed videos for his YouTube channel that he shared with Yugyeom. Apparently people loved seeing two idiots game together .

Taehyung worked as a journalist, the job he had dreamt of since he was young. He went on business trips to America and England quite often, which meant either Jeongguk decided to tag along, or he'd be left behind, whining about missing his boyfriend.

His modeling work wasn't famous yet, but his Instagram page got quite some followers. The comments made Jeongguk often jealous, yet the same could be said about the comments on Jeongguk's gaming channel which were always about Jeongguk and Yugyeom being the perfect couple.

"It's coming along just fine", Taehyung replied, flinched when the timer went off, meaning the lasagna was done.

They had met each other's parents by now and it was safe to say that everything went quite well when they had introduced themselves as boyfriends. Taehyung only had his father left but the man was eager to meet Jeongguk and claim him as his second son. Jeongguk's parents had been supportive, but definitely had to get used to it at first.

For Christmas evening they ate at Taehyung's house where his father, his aunt and their two children were great company. For Christmas itself they went to Jeongguk's house, which was quite hectic since he had a big family and everyone always had something to say. They did get many presents and money at Jeongguk's family parties so they couldn't really complain.

"You made lasagna again?", the younger asked, a smile on his face because he did love lasagna, and especially Taehyung's.

Taehyung hummed, getting out his oven mitts, "I was feeling a bit nostalgic",

"How so?", Jeongguked asked, tilting his head to the side as he watched the older stick out his tongue as he tried to get the big bowl out of the oven. He was ready to catch the lasagna in case the older dropped the meal, though it'd burn his hands, he loved lasagna too much.

"It's been exactly five years since we got together. And since lasagna was the first meal we ate together, I figured I should make it", the older explained, relieved when he could set the lasagna down onto the table. The top was brown and crispy, just as he liked it.

"Ah I remember that day. You were back from a date with some jock and you had booty shorts on", Jeongguk hummed, thinking back to his first day in college, "And then you merely flung them off and we ate lasagna on my desk".

"You remember those booty shorts especially, really?", Taehyung smiled, "I think it impressed you more than my date from that night".

"He let something very precious go", Jeongguk smiled, closing his arms around the older, "Good thing for me he did".

"You're even cheesier than my lasagna. Stop it", Taehyung giggled as the younger started tickling him.

"I love you, you know that?", Jeongguk suddenly said, stopping his attack. He placed a small kiss on the boy's neck, making him still as well. "I know, "Taehyung smiled, but quickly stepped away from his boyfriend when he felt his neck getting attacked by even more kisses, "And my ass still remembers yesterday so stop that and eat your damn food".

"You're supposed to say it back", Jeongguk suddenly whined, grabbing the older's wrist and turned him around, "Do you love me?"

Taehyung sighed, a soft smile on his face as he watched his younger boyfriend's bright doe eyes twinkle in the kitchen light, "Yes Jeongguk, I love you".

This effectively made the boy's smile brighten, the two bunny like teeth popping out. "Good, now let's get this lasagna in my mouth", Jeongguk practically yelled, already having tomato sauce on his face as he started prodding into the lasagna.

"Why do I love you though?", Taehyung laughed, holding his head in his hands.

They were both idiots, but at least they were two idiots in love.

✧・Thank you for reading this book!・✧

✧・Begin: 25th of june 2018・✧

✧・End: the 7th of january 2020

If you liked this story please consider supporting me through ko-fi (something like patreon) it would be much appreciated :) link is in my bio!