T E N

»»——CHAPTER TEN——««
PANCAKES FOR FAIRY LIGHTS

TODAY was the first day of college and Jeongguk was so not ready to face it yet. Though he had no choice but get out of bed with an overexcited Taehyung jumping around, throwing pillows at his face, yelling at him to get his lazy ass out of bed and join him for breakfast or he'd be a lonely gay boy.

So after a good ten minutes of whining for the older to shut up and groaning when his leg got grabbed and he was dragged onto the ground, he was out and about, dressed messily and glare intensified as he walked next to the blonde who was whistling a happy tune.

"Don't you have friends already?", Jeongguk spoke huskily, voice still thick with sleep, "It's not like this is your first day in college".

The older clicked his tongue, "My friends are lazy asses who skip their first classes of today since this day is mostly for first years to get accustomed to college". Taehyung looked over at the younger and pushed out his bottom lip into a pout, "So I'd be all left alone here without you".

"Isn't there a rule that first years get breakfast first today since they have classes while the rest of college hasn't?", Jeongguk frowned, remembering reading that somewhere.

The blonde hummed and hissed shortly after when he felt an impact on the back of his head. Clutching the back of his head in pain, he immediately glanced at Jeongguk with a big pout on his lips, eyes widened in betrayal.

"What did I do to deserve this hit!?", Taehyung cried out in anguish, cradling his head, "You've got a friend in me!"

"You merely dragged me out of bed so you could skip the line through me", Jeongguk stated with accusation, "And don't start quoting Toy Story this early in the morning. Pixar doesn't deserve to be used by liars".

"But it's pancakes on the first day", Taehyung whined, "You have to understand that! I want pancakes!"

The younger pinched the bridge of his nose, mentally sighing at the roommate he had gotten, though slightly giggling at the continuous whining and pancake preaching the blonde was performing in the background. At least he wasn't Yugyeom or any other dimwit so he just told himself he was lucky to have gotten an open, social and kind of... quirky person. Feeling a tug at his sweater, he looked up into the eyes of a still pouting Taehyung who was pointing at the sign that read cafeteria.

Never mind what he said. Taehyung wasn't a person- he was a puppy- a very big, excited, kind of too spastic gay puppy. And Jeongguk was sharing a dorm with the big puppy for the whole year.

"Fine", Jeongguk chuckled, feeling his sweater being pulled continuously, almost dragging him forward, "Just take it as a thank you for letting me have my fairy lights".

Taehyung smiled and hummed, "Pancakes for fairy lights. Fairy lights for pancakes". And Jeongguk let himself be pulled into a large room filled with the sweet scent of maple syrup and pancakes.

☆☆☆☆☆
people seem to be enoying this book & it makes me v happy to hear ʕʔ