N I N E

»»——CHAPTER NINE——««
FAIRY LIGHTS

THE room was barely lit, the only light in the room being the white bright artificial one coming from Taehyung's phone. Every minute or so a buzzing sound filled the room making the older boy chuckle before he typed back a reply. But the blonde wasn't the only one awake in the room.

Jeongguk was staring at his poster clad wall, quite glad the room wasn't entirely dark. He was used on keeping on the lights whenever he tried to sleep, a habit he had really tried to quit but he just couldn't sleep when the only thing in the room was darkness. He loved opening his eyes and being able to see things. Whenever he tried sleeping without the lights on, the darkness formed into weird shapes and the ringing in his head got louder.

He had brought fairy lights- a small alternative for the room lights- but was too scared to propose it to his roommate. He had already been stressed about the fact before going to college because he knew he was going to need to learn to sleep without lights one day since he would be living with some else evidently. But as Taehyung ended his conversation and his phone ended up on the nightstand, Jeongguk started panicking in the dark room.

"Taehyung?", he spoke up, insecure squeak filling the silent room. He heard the older hum and a rustle of sheets, probably meaning Taehyung had turned to face him.

"I uh- it's kind of dark".

Silence.

"That's what happens when the lights are out", Taehyung answered plainly, wondering to himself what the hell Jeongguk was on about. He heard sheets rustle as well and both boys were left staring at the darkness but if the lights were on they'd be staring right at each other.

The younger cleared his throat and tightened the grip on the front of his shirt, bundling it in his fists. Working up the courage to say what he wanted to say, Taehyung flicked on the light of his nightstand, catching Jeongguk in the midst of his inner freak out session.

"What's going on?", the blonde asked, eyes narrowed by the sudden bright light but still strongly fixated on the surprised younger.

Jeongguk first sighed in relief by the flicked on light, then wondered on what the hell he was going to say but finally realized he felt bad because he was practically keeping Taehyung awake because of his stupid habit. Taehyung sighed and got up in bed, resting his back against the head rest. "What's wrong Jeongguk?"

"I can't sleep without the lights on", the younger replied, talking way too fast for the older's sleep deprived brain to comprehend.

"Wait-", Taehyung said, holding up a hand before blinking a few times, "Are you telling me you're afraid of the dark?"

"No!", the raven head yelled, shaking his head in dismay, "No it's just I have this habit that there needs to be light in the room or I can't sleep".

Taehyung's face was blank until it formed into a confused expression, "You mean like all the lights or just some?"

"Just some", Jeongguk mumbled, finding the whole ordeal a bit awkward. He hasn't even known Taehyung for a full day and he has already embarrassed himself twice (but at least Taehyung was a drooler so he could use that against him one day).

"I can live with some", the blonde shrugged, "Back at home I have very see through curtains which taught me to sleep through sunlight so a little light here can't be a problem".

Unknowingly, a smile tugged on the raven head's lips.

"Is this nightlamp okay with you?", Taehyung asked, pointing at the little lamp standing on his nightstand. It stood directly next to the blonde which would be very annoying for the older and Jeongguk really didn't want to bother him more than he already has. So Jeongguk confidently shook his head before diving underneath his bed where a box of fairy lights were hidden.

"I brought these just in case you'd be okay with my stupid habit", Jeongguk timidly smiled, "They are a bit cozier and won't shine directly in your face in contrast with your nightlamp".

Taehyung smiled and shrugged before snuggling back into the covers, watching Jeongguk get out of bed and walk to his desk before beginning to string them around it into an aesthetic image. As a final touch Jeongguk plugged the fairly lights in the socket and immediately the lights were burning.

"Cozy", Taehyung smiled, seeing Jeongguk's shoulders untense, "Just like you said".

"Yeah...", the raven head smiled before scurrying back to bed and cuddling up to his pillow, "Sorry to keep you away from sleeping".

The blonde shrugged, "Nah, at least I'm sure now that both of us will be able to sleep now. Goodnight Jeongguk".

The younger watched as the other turned off his nightlamp and coated everything into darkness that the fairy lights couldn't reach.

"Goodnight to you too Taehyung".

»»————««

I made a twitter account named the same as this account & also have a second account autumnawe

(i'm just rlly scared since a lot of authors have been deleted already and i don't want to be next)

Like David Tennant would say:
"i dont want to go"